Skip to content

Shortcuts not working

2»

Comments

• CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Which problem is Abel having, and In which thread?

We don't deny that there is an issue, we just can't fix it until we can reproduce it. To do that we need as many details as possible.
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    edited September 2013
    @Cerevant / @Jalily
    To reproduce the problem regarding the AZERTY keyboard, you need to change your windows settings and windows keyboard to french.
    Basically, the original Baldur's gate somehow used to force the "numbers" keys (1 to 0) to a QWERTY state (easy to see by using the console : In the original BG/BG2 game, the console would use QWERTY regardless of local windows configuration for these keys)

This is no longer the case in BG:EE, that means that a french keyboard (and probably any keyboard setting where, in order to have a "1", you need to press SHIFT + "The 1 Key" rather than just "The 1 key") does not work properly with BG:EE.

It's probably very easy to reproduce, since I can work around the current keyboard limitation by setting my own local keyboard to QWERTY (en-US) and finally get to use the shortcuts.

Edit.:

To work properly, a french install should have the following shortcuts set by default :
    FR / US
    & = 1
    é = 2
    " = 3
    ' = 4
    ( = 5
    - = 6
    è = 7
    _ = 8
    ç = 9
    à = 0
    ) = -

Either that, or force the keyboard to use

For reference, here's the two different keyboards QWERTY (US configuration - en-US) and AZERTY (French; as in fr-FR)
    https://support.imj-prg.fr/public/documentation/_media/math/hosts/gamma.math.jussieu.fr/kbd/img/qwerty-azerty.jpg

The shortcuts that do not work properly are the top, numeric keys in BLUE in this picture.
    They don't work either for selecting party members or to pick a conversation answer.

The basic "MAP" shortcut also doesn't work properly, not entirely sure why. It's probably very easy to reproduce by setting your keyboard to a french AZERTY setting.

To do that, go to the Control Panel, search for Region and Language, open it, and go to the keyboard tab.
  • SmeuuhSmeuuh Member Posts: 34
    I have the same problem. Can someone look into that? It's a major bug that I think affects every French player. As Aranthys said, to reproduce on a US computer, just setting your keyboard to a French layout should be enough, so it should be easy to reproduce/fix.
  • SmeuuhSmeuuh Member Posts: 34
    Apparently fixed as of latest beta.
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    YAY :D