Skip to content

Story of the center piece logo of BGII: SoA?

I've just always been curious, what is the logo with the two "spiraling heads" supposed to be/represent? Any of you guys care to enlighten me?

Comments

• MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    The (presumably) light and dark sides of CHARNAME; the mortal, fighting against the taint of Bhaal. This doesn't work well for evil CHARNAMEs, though, but I believe that to be its meaning.
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    I thought it was the two different elf races in opposition to each other
    but I never gave it much thought looks good tho
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Arcalian You might be right -- if you flip it vertically, the dark face is clearly male, and does not have elven ears. Interesting :D
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Bright one looks a lot like Ellesime to me too. Shadowy one I can't say, but I guess it would make sense for it to be Irenicus. The hollow shadow of an elf he had become or something.

Likewise, the meaning of the sun and moon motif is anything beyond the usual "contrast good/evil day/night light/shadow stuff, then it certainly eludes me. Definitely looks pretty though. One of the best icon/logos/covers in video game history I'd say (and I'm not normally one to heap loads of praise on the BG games - I save that for PS:T ;) ).
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Oh how awesome! I always wondered what this was.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    It covers all of the above for the light/dark, elf/drow, and Ellesime/Irenicus dichotomies, imo. In other words, it's a really well-done bit of art.