Skip to content

Too early for Teyngan?

My party are all level 1, except Jaheira who has leveled up. I keep getting trounced by Teyngan, there is an archer and a fighter - both of which have far more hit points than anyone in my party, and they have a mage who keeps horroring my party.

But this is my first play-through, so did I just come here too early? Party consists of Dragon Disciple protagonist, plus Imoen, Jaheira, Kalid and Neera.

Comments

• KougaKouga Member Posts: 83
    Teyngan is just a random encounter like many others in the game, you can avoid him and come back when you're stronger. You can then counter horror with resist fear before the fight and kill the squishy mage and archer first I suppose. There's plenty of less challanging things to do I guess I can't really remember how strong Teyngan was. (:

Alternatively you can engage him now and make sure to interrupt his horror spell by damaging him while he tries to cast it. When he dies, kill the archer and the fighter. And have Imoen use a bow, she is not so good in melee. Just incase.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    That is a difficult encounter. The tactic I use, which admittedly feels a bit cheesy, is to approach them very slowly. That way you can make it so that they don't 'see' you all at once and you can pick them off one-by-one.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    Use Sleep = win :-D