Skip to content

Baldurs Gate DLC / Mod

New areas and such are wonderful but I've always thought that what makes these games replayable are the different combinations of PCs and NPCs. So I would love to see a DLC patch (or mod) that looks like this:

1. A complete good party that could join you (only if you're good/neutral)
2. A complete evil party that could join you (only if you're evil/neutral)

- The party would be 5 NPCs with a more or less complete skill set so that you could can chose any type of character as your PC
- The partymembers should ideally have classes/kits not represented already in the game as NPCs
- The party should be very scaleable so that when you recuit them they start at PCs level
- As the party is already more or less complete without PC you'll have to be convincing to make them join you :)
- All party members should have some dialogs/banther (you can gain influence with each individual)
- Possibly romance options for male/female
- Preferably all party members should have their own quests (doesn't have to be long ones, new areas not really neccessary)
- Whether or not members of the party can be kicked out is debatable, but probably not from the beginning (maybe as you gain/lose influence)
- Both parties should be fightable if you decide not to recruit them (see other mercenary groups)

So what would the party look like? Maybe something like this:

1. Good party

Human - Paladin (Inquisitor)
Dwarf - cleric (Priest of Lathander)
Elf - Bard (Blade)
Half Elf - Thief (Swashbuckler)
Human - Sorcerer

2. Evil party

Dwarf Fighter (Wizard Slayer)
Half Orc - Barbrian
Human - Druid (Totemic Druid)
Halfling Thief (Assassin)
Half Elf - Mage (Necromancer)

Obviously this could be split into one Good and one Evil DLC patch and it would be great to have them for both BGEE and BG2EE

Comments?

Comments

• pixie359pixie359 Member Posts: 251
    I prefer to have much more say in party composition than that, so while I might try them once, they'd need to be exceptionally well written to do so more than once.