Skip to content

[Mod] Continue Playing After Defeating Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition

EcononEconon Member Posts: 9
edited July 2013 in General Modding
This is a small little mod that stops you from returning to the tittle menu after you defeat the end game boss allowing you to explore while you wait for Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition to release.

Post edited by Econon on
IllustairzupskySpaceInvaderPalanthisAstroBryGuyFrecheRAM021[Deleted User]Kerthalirendiesiril_danaChildofBhaal599Menaphospipiczka666SereverusChaostic

Comments

• PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    This little but essential mod is just great. Thank you ! (haven't installed it yet but i guess it should be working).
  • EcononEconon Member Posts: 9
    @palanthis thanks for agreeing, I couldn't find a mod similar to this so I thought it was my duty to make it. If you have any problems just message/comment the details and I should have it fixed soon enough, but I don't see any reason why it would.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @Econon - For those of us with a mod installed already that edits AR0125.bcs, can you explain the what edit are necessary?

Thanks!
  • EcononEconon Member Posts: 9
    @AstroBryGuy all that is needed to remove from AR0125.bcs is delete the lines which have return to title. It is simple enough to work out what you have to do.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @Econon - thanks!
  • enneractenneract Member Posts: 187
    weidu?

There is something wrong with your modified area script, it makes weidu installers choke.
    Nevermind, I did it myself.
    Econon
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited October 2013
    Just if you exit the Temple of Bhaal after some few seconds after the movie starts, you can keep playing because the movie trigger is in the Temple of Bhaal, and, what this mod changes is its menu returning effect that is so annoyining.

EDIT:
    [spoiler]
    In some versions of BG:EE its impossible to get out the Temple after Sarevok talked to you, a way to avoid this is to making Sarevok get out before he starts the dialog, just grab a Potion of invisibility and put it in your Quick-slots, the, deal some damage to Sarevok (without getting in his sight, I recomend using Cloudkill, Fireballs or a Wand of Fire) and drink the potion of invisibility (before he sees you, you can also run away very fast) and get out of the Temple of Bhaal. Sarevok should came out and scream his advice to you, just kill him there, exit the undecity from the right, run through the Maze (again!) and Voila! You are still playing without mods, cheats and gaving killed Sarevok!
    Note: If you do this, the game WON'T MAKE A FINAL SAVE, unless you enter the temple again, see the movie and go back to the menu, also, sometimes nothing triggers and you can kill Angelo, Tazok and James (Semaj) if they didn't exited with Sarevok before.
  • SkullburnSkullburn Member Posts: 25
    Are we sure that it wont make a weird "whatever" conflict with BGII?
    Skullburn said:

Are we sure that it wont make a weird "whatever" conflict with BGII?

I have no such confidence. The weidu mod I provided, and the non-weidu version the OP provided, merely provides a mechanical way to do so.

• BhaalGodBhaalGod Member Posts: 1
    Works on older version of BG with or without TotSC.

Didn't try it on EE.

Lots of tries to make it work fine.

Hidden "Epilogue" Chapiter, but can't make Journal go beyond Chapter 7.

Give me some feedback