Skip to content

The bandits must be stupid

Just killed the guys in Tazog’s tent, released Ender Sai, looted the chest for treasured and documents…then simply walked out of the camp. On the way out I had a chat with both Ardenor Crush and Taugosz Khosann.

The bandits must be stupid. Shouldn’t somebody in the camp realise there has been a fight in the main tent or notice a prisoner on the loose?

Does anybody else think the bandits should realise something is wrong?

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    One of the limitations of the vanilla AI. Sword Coast Stratagems has a component that modifies this.
  • LoremasterLoremaster Member Posts: 212
    I know, SCS is wonderful. But even in vanilla, I tnink at least some bandits should go investigate the tent after the fight. After all it is a tent.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    I guess it's also in order to make the infiltration option where you pretend to want to join the bandits produce a different outcome. If you end up having to slaughter the entire camp anyway, it's a bit moot.
  • LoremasterLoremaster Member Posts: 212
    Yeah, that's true. It just felt a little bit odd, fighting in a tent, releasing a prisoner... un-noticed. Anyhow, it is a game, not reality.
  • HuntHunt Member Posts: 27
    To go along with this, if you let on to Tazok that you know whats going on with Mulahey (sp), he fights you, says you're tough and gives you the run of the camp. Don't remember the exact wording, but I was expecting the camp to go hostile at the very least.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460

I once forgot my game on for the night. In game time days, weeks, maybe months had gone by. Sarevok and all the baddies had done nothing to move their evil plans forward - they just waited for me to advance the plot. They must be stupid.

You left your character unattended for months of game time? Why didn't he die of starvation/lack of sleep?
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781

He must be stupid too :P

beat me to it :)
  • melakonmelakon Member Posts: 26
    edited October 2013
    I used silencers on my party's swords so I didn't think it weird.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Duh, bandits are stupid.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    edited October 2013
    lunar said:

You left your character unattended for months of game time? Why didn't he die of starvation/lack of sleep?

Maybe it's a Bhaalspawn power!
    Kagain: "By my gran's beard, I can't... HEURK!"
    CHARNAME: "Dude, it's all in your head. I've been awake longer than you, and I don't feel anything. Oh, ye gods, get up, you wuss! You're almost as bad as Edwin -- 'Everything sounds like rushing water!'. Plebeians."
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018

I know, SCS is wonderful. But even in vanilla, I tnink at least some bandits should go investigate the tent after the fight. After all it is a tent.

Yeah, but it is Tazog's tent. I am sure that the Bandits are used to all manner of 'Noises' coming out of it from time to time as Tazog has 'Fun' with guests.