Skip to content

Xzar and Montaron's end

If you had Xzar and Montaron in BG1, did they come to blows with Jaheira and Khalid? If so, (where) did they fall?

Mine happened just before the Mulahey fight unfortunately, yet I still managed to defeat him with enough health to take on the oozes around the corner before leaving.

Comments

• SedSed Member Posts: 790
    If your charisma is high enough, you can actually have them during a full playthrough ^^
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    I rarely manage to not send Khalid and Jaheira into fistfights against the belt fetish ogre. One memorable time I did get them to Nashkel and into the mines, the fight broke out before entering level 3. I was amused, Xzar survived unharmed (with all his 4 hitpoints) because he used nothing but Larloch's (Evermemory, this spell in all slots) and refilled his entire health with each attack. He was like a vampire!
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I was beta-testing the patch and had Xzar use that spell a lot. I forgot that it can stack HP past your maximum, so when I looked at his record sheet I was like 'Why the heck does Xzar have 12 HP at level 1!?' It was higher than my Fighter! (She only had 10)
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    After having to put down his Exploding Ogre, I offered my match making services to The Great Gazib and pitted the harpers vs the Zents in his area of the Carnival. I took bets, charged admission and made a tidy little profit Gazib and I.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Doesn't it also depend on where they're standing? I believe if they are close to one another, they are more likely to banter and, therefore, argue.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I tried to get them to fight, but they left due to my high reputation before Jaheira could make them die and feed the earth. I'm one of the rare few that likes Jaheira, I guess.
  • TethorilofLathanderTethorilofLathander Member Posts: 427
    @reedmilfam I like Jaheira too :D
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    rdarken said:

Doesn't it also depend on where they're standing? I believe if they are close to one another, they are more likely to banter and, therefore, argue.

I think that's more of a BG2 thing.