Skip to content

Maximum damage per hit chalenge

2»

Comments

• Alesia_BHAlesia_BH Member Posts: 759
    edited October 2013
    lunar said:

IIRC, in Bioware forums Alesia has abused mislead-stacking enhanced bard song effect to score a critical hit with a septuble backstab for an astounding amount of damage well over 1000+ hit points.

Are you thinking of this one Lunar?

(Btw. For the purposes of the current challenge, I'd advise against allowing bard songs- especially bard songs sung by misleads. If you allow them then it will come down to who can summon the most misleads and position them most effectively. That's unfun.)

Anyhoo. Time for me to scoot on home. Enjoy the challenge everyone!

A.
    Post edited by Alesia_BH on
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    zur312 said:

well there is probably limit

name the highest hp creature in the game and do the math for your damage ;)

i think some dragons have like 250 adalon?

Ravager has well over 500 (maybe 600 on the dot, SK says 534 but I don't think con bonuses are applied). Do Arrows of Biting even work on everything? Many high level monsters are immune to missiles and I've no idea on the special effect of the arrows.

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Fairly sure I'm winning by any measure.
    Give a high level archer a magical composite longbow for more damage + called shot for some extra base damage onto the 30%.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    ajwz said:

Fairly sure I'm winning by any measure.
    Give a high level archer a magical composite longbow for more damage + called shot for some extra base damage onto the 30%.

It would probably help if you picked an enemy, since how much you're "winning" by, if at all, depends on that.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    I personally think things like fireball or poison shouldn't be included because although they proc off a single attack they don't deal their damage in one hit, and are highly dependent on the particular enemy or number of enemies. The point should be to get the highest number in a single hit as shown by the game, within the rules noted. But others may interpret it differently.
  • Alesia_BHAlesia_BH Member Posts: 759
    edited October 2013
    Ok. I'm kind of curious to see some screenshots here so I thought I'd dart off a quicky to get the ball rolling. I went with the "one knock, no help" interpretation of the challenge. In other words, my character was not allowed buffs tossed by allies and was tasked with maximizing a single number rather than the aggregate damage resulting from a hit (i.e.-poison over time, physical damage+elemental bonuses, etc). I used the console to speed things up, but my character, Alikae, was restricted to items and spells that would theoretically be available at specific phases of the adventure.

Alikae is a Kensai (24)->Thief (28). image

First, SoA. To maximize damage in SoA, Alikae chose to conduct her experiment pre-Spellhold, and thus with access to DUHM. She first cast Shapechange via the Limited Wish scroll available from Lady Yuth.image

Next, she equipped her bracers, shifted to Iron Golem form, cast DUHM, activated Kai, and then unleashed her steely fists on her arch-nemesis: the dastardly Patricia, scourge of Amn.

Now, there's an obvious way to do better than this without taking a substantially different approach. Tenser's is available pre-Spellhold and that will add an additional 2 damage, 4 to a critical. That angle is reserved for the patient, however, since activating Tenser's will prevent you from activating special abilities- notably Kai and Critical Strike- and therefore the wait until the max damage strike of 140 is attained is likely to be non-trivial. Have at it if you like.

As for ToB, the logic changes little, but, with Ascension installed, there's a clear avenue for improvement. Ascension reintroduces Bhaalspawn powers and in particular DUHM. Having DUHM post Spellhold grants you the luxury of putting Skullcrusher in the off hand of a 25 Strength Iron Golem, allowing an additional 2/4 damage to a neutral humanoid target. Here's a shot of Patricia taking a Skullcrusher enhanced wallop, note the additional 4 damage.

Of course, someone infinitely patient could nudge that up an additional 4 via Tenser's as in the SoA case. It's also worth noting that without G3 installed, a Kensai->Mage could likely do better than my Alikae by stacking multiple Tenser's via Spell Trigger and Chain Contingency.

Anyhoo. Once again, I just thought I'd kick start things. Enjoy everyone!

Best,

A.
    1.jpg 95.8K
    2.jpg 71.3K
    3.jpg 67.6K
    4.jpg 69.5K
    Post edited by Alesia_BH on
  • SympetrumDSympetrumD Member Posts: 7
    Amazing post, thank you very much!
    And I belive as to the actual one lump damage with no buffs from the party, this is the limit.
    (My own first variant for the ascension was a pure kensai str 25 with battle blade? (d12+4) with 98 on critical)
    As a matter of fact I think 140 hit is some 44?hp short of killing Firkraag in one blow, anyone want another challenge?=)