Skip to content

Which Good Alignment Do You Prefer to Play?

2»

Comments

• Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    chaotic good in my opinion is someone who wants to help but is either too stupid or too weak willed to do it peacefully that or someone who wants to do good and get into a few fights.
  • rexregrexreg Member Posts: 292
    edited September 2013
    (L)LG for PnP
    LG for BG
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Heindrich1988, I marvel at your political and moral insight. If you're not already considering or training for a career in politics, communications, or journalism, you should.
  • BattlehamsterBattlehamster Member Posts: 298
    @Heindrich1988 - I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head for the early-mid 20 crowd right there. Non-conformist is simply the new standard for conformity. After saying that though, I need to go take a long shower as I now reek of hipster.

I think Neutral Good is the purist of all the goods though. Don't get me wrong, I believe an ordered society is good, but law is a repression of the people for the greater good which I think is a necessary evil otherwise you have anarchy which would never work. Unfortunately law is largely based on precedence and has very few ways to accept exceptions precedence when they are sometimes necessary or become outdated. I think we still need it as a good law tends to be generally right, but we need to be able to detach ourselves from a norm and as individuals (chaotically) perceive a law and be able to, at any time, deconstruct a system of law once it begins to prove it can no longer uphold a system beneficial for the greater good. Note I say deconstruct rather than destroy, I'd like to think that a large part of the world has transcended past the part where we need to needlessly kill each other to fix a system of law which is no longer working.

Chaos =/= Destruction
  • DancingBugbearDancingBugbear Member Posts: 118
    edited October 2013
    Chaotic good, because it doesn't seem good otherwise. (You either beat the malicious overlord, or you don't.)

Mortianna said:

This poll is biased! Stupid Good is not an option!

Psst. If you cast True Sight, you'll be able to see the original names I listed for the Good alignments. ;-)

I can only cast it 7 times at once. CAN'T DECIDE WHICH OPTIONS TO LOOK AT!

I'm guessing a detect evil would show them all.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Chaotic Good, seeing as I burglarize the very people I help while in their homes and don't feel a particular need to follow laws and rules to do what I think is right.

I've never understood Neutral Good the way it's explained in any of the games, but I assume that doesn't fit me.
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,297

Chaotic Good, seeing as I burglarize the very people I help while in their homes and don't feel a particular need to follow laws and rules to do what I think is right.

I've never understood Neutral Good the way it's explained in any of the games, but I assume that doesn't fit me.

Stealing from people that trust you isn't chaotic good, it's chaotic neutral at best.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I'm problem more neutral good than chaotic good, because I generally try not to provoke people, and stay impartial, though I do consider myself chaotic good because I care little for rules or authority, and have no issues with manipulating the system, for good. I also don't mind profiting from my good deeds.
    Ido the ends justify the means?
    It's a grey area.
    :)
  • JoeyJoey Member Posts: 201
    edited October 2013
    You can be lawful good and still blow stuff up...especially if it's you breaking the law.
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    Hard to really define about 4 of my characters are good aligned
    LG Paladin Undead Hunter
    NG Elf Ranger Archer
    CG Ranger Beastmaster and Thief Swashbuckler
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited October 2013
    No matter what i play, i am usually honorbound, and have a personal discipline, even when playing an evil character. Thus, i would be Lawful, or Neutral(if i play a Berserker or something equivalent that forbids Lawful).

I chose LG with LN tendencies.
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    Neutral Good, leaning towards Chaotic Neutral when really angry. So I basically spend all of SoA as CN :P
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    For the glory of civilization and benevolent dictatorship!
  • AyiekieAyiekie Member Posts: 975
    I usually play CG, but honestly good characters I tend to play as fairly close to my own views (unless I have a strong RP character in mind), so NG is closer to what I actually ought to pick.

...I will refrain from elaborating on my political views. :)
  • Starflower2525Starflower2525 Member Posts: 44
    Chaotic Good
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    I like Chaotic Good because it lets you be good without having to always play by the rules. You follow your own personal code and you can constantly reexamine that code. You do what's right without being fettered by obligation.