Skip to content

Which Good Alignment Do You Prefer to Play?

MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
edited September 2013 in Archive (General Discussion)
This is the second of a series of polls to see how significant alignment tendencies are for us in role playing our PCs (and NPCs). While "messier," tendencies provide both complexity and subtlety to the standard nine alignment matrix. On the other hand, they can also add unnecessary tedium to the game.

The Evil and Neutral alignment tendency polls may be found here:
Which Evil Alignment Do You Prefer to Play?
Which Neutral Alignment Do You Prefer to Play?

Instructions: From the list below, choose the Good alignment you most enjoy playing.

*I didn't include Lawful Good (TN) or Chaotic Good (TN) because there are only 10 poll options. Feel free to indicate this in the comments if you prefer to play one of those alignments. There is an option in the poll for Neutral alignments that allows you to choose True Neutral with a tendency toward one of the four absolute alignments.
  1. Which Good Alignment Do You Prefer to Play?176 votes
    1. Lawful Good (LN tendencies)
        3.41%
    2. Lawful Good
        6.82%
    3. Lawful Good (NG tendencies)
        6.82%
    4. Neutral Good (LG tendencies)
        5.68%
    5. Neutral Good
      19.32%
    6. Neutral Good (TN tendencies)
        1.14%
    7. Neutral Good (CG tendencies)
        7.95%
    8. Chaotic Good (NG tendencies)
      13.64%
    9. Chaotic Good
      23.30%
    10. Chaotic Good (CN tendencies)
      11.93%
Post edited by Mortianna on

Comments

• MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    edited September 2013
    I once played a Paladin in vanilla BG, but I really wouldn't count that as an alignment choice. I think Tarnesh killed her...or something.

I picked LG (LN) because I think it most closely describes Jean Luc Picard's alignment (remember the Prime Directive, number one!), and since he's my favorite ST captain.
    Post edited by Mortianna on
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    I don't like getting involved in the Law vs Chaos debate.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I generally like playing True Neutral.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Neutral Good, with Chaotic tendencies. Just like in real life!
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I always play as a paladin (or cavalier). Smiting evil is what I am all about.
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    Lawful Good sometimes means "Lawful Stupid"
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    I like to be good but the game is boring if you don't do some crazy things from time to time. Like rob some dude for his cloak.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428

Neutral Good, with Chaotic tendencies. Just like in real life!

Same here.

• Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Lateralus said:

I like to be good but the game is boring if you don't do some crazy things from time to time. Like rob some dude for his cloak.

I would never do something as base as stealing a cloak from some fat dude in a hotel room. But sometimes Xzar and Montaron do it while I am downstairs talking to Marl.

• KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    This poll is biased! Stupid Good is not an option!
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
  • Neutral Good is IMHO the most peaceful alignment as it doesn't care about any credo other than promoting everyone's benefit.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356

Psst. If you cast True Sight, you'll be able to see the original names I listed for the Good alignments. ;-)

• Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    I like chaotic good because from an RP perspective it lets me pick all the snarky responses while still being the good guy. Unfortunately some alignment test I've taken put me down as lawful good/neutral O.o
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Mortianna said:

Psst. If you cast True Sight, you'll be able to see the original names I listed for the Good alignments. ;-)

I can only cast it 7 times at once. CAN'T DECIDE WHICH OPTIONS TO LOOK AT!

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    chaotic good, because beserkers and thieves cant be lawful
  • doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    LG because I like paladins. Otherwise CG because chaotic is always fun
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    CG more free to follow my own code that way.
  • dibdib Member Posts: 384
    I rarely play good characters, and only completed one full saga playthrough with a good party. But when I DO play good characters I usually "go full retard", as in LG Paladin and wreck havoc on evil's ass.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    The purest of the "good" alligments... No question about it. I would like to even be a neutral good myself, but it's unlikely that my personal development will ever get me there.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Mostly thinking about the common good, but sometimes falling for anarchistic tendencies.

I'm a bad roleplayer, alignment wise, I play my characters just like I would behave myself (except for the killing-to-do-good, it always strikes me as strange, but killing-for-the-good in a game is a nice vent for frustrations in daily life, like many people not thinking about the common good but about their own benefit in life).
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Apart from the general idea of being kind-hearted but unbound, I've always seen chaotic characters as the kind that thrive on chaos and lack of routines in a way very similar to how lawful people like their lives ordered and planned. They keep their environments messy but know where every item they have a need for is located anyway, they sleep when tired, eat when hungry, procrastinate until the last possible moment, show up unprepared and improvising, and prefer not working around any schedule or do all that much long-term planning if they can avoid it. I lean that way in RL, so it seems natural to play it.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jameskerjamesker Member Posts: 99
    Chaotic good, sometimes being good means going agaist the grain, follow your own conscience not the law
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Lawful good.