Skip to content

Weather effects improvements

2»

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I actually thought that the lightning strike thing already happened in the game.
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    pretty rare that people are hit by a lighting strike so hmm well not sure about this. But a chance is there and a d100/1 could work...
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Nathan said:

Better weather and day->night effects/transitions is definitely on the list.

...I hate to say it but this may be a feature that gets delayed due to the code-wrangling difficulties we've encountered to-date. But yes, this is for sure something that we want to overhaul.

Thats a good news, I truly hope that you will manage to do it until the release date and not post ship, it is something that can add to the game atmosphere and experience.
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    Nathan said:

Better weather and day->night effects/transitions is definitely on the list.

...I hate to say it but this may be a feature that gets delayed due to the code-wrangling difficulties we've encountered to-date. But yes, this is for sure something that we want to overhaul.

Sorry to bother @Nathan

May i ask current progress in this case ?

The ship date is push back already , is this feature avaiable in lauch day ???

Or post-ship ?

If you have time , please kindly advise it,

Thanks !
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    edited September 2012
    @darrenkuo we have other fires to put out at the moment, but we're still conscious of this. =) A lot of the extra features we want to put in depend on the time available, and right now this particular cosmetic feature has to take a bit of a back seat - chances of it being available at launch are slim. We haven't forgotten, though, and it's still on the list.
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    @Nathan

Thanks of your prompt reply , hope it can avaiable somrday and attract more new genernation of gamers join this greatest RPG game.
  • ryu1ryu1 Member Posts: 76
    The rain effects look like they’re straight lines at an angle appearing at different parts of the screen. Wonder if it would be possible to change the lines into white dots like snow to represent hail.
  • xLegionxxLegionx Member Posts: 197
    Wouldn't something like this bring the risk of more bugs?
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    xLegionx said:

Wouldn't something like this bring the risk of more bugs?

You can say that on all the new content they have added to the game..
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    i still hope most of the new features would kick in at the release date. <:/