Skip to content

Anyone have trouble breaking up with companions? (spoilers abound)

2»

Comments

• KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747

onan said:

I have trouble breaking up with some companions. Dorn for example, he practically sulks.

On the other hand I have no trouble breaking up some companions. Khalid breaks up spectacularly when his unhelmeted head meets the thick end of an ogre's club.

Its because Dorn just wants some friends with whom he can love, relax, and murder peasants. By throwing him out you're trampling on his dream.
    For me, it's more the "damn, if I keep him, I can go kill the Firewine Ghosts... maybe he has a point".

Neera makes it really easy to kick her, especially after her quest and getting all bratty.

The hardest kick out for me is whoever has to make room for Yeslick if I'm taking him along, because of the really stupid place. If you change your mind, there is no way to get the NPC back. So if I want Yeslick, I usually leave a spot open until I get there.

• onanonan Member Posts: 223

For me, it's more the "damn, if I keep him, I can go kill the Firewine Ghosts... maybe he has a point".

Neera makes it really easy to kick her, especially after her quest and getting all bratty.

The hardest kick out for me is whoever has to make room for Yeslick if I'm taking him along, because of the really stupid place. If you change your mind, there is no way to get the NPC back. So if I want Yeslick, I usually leave a spot open until I get there.

I have been known to leave someone outside the mine too. Or if I forget, I will make the trip up just to avoid drowning them. I may be a murdering spawn of, well, murder but I am not brainless. I like to be able to keep my options open.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    I rarely play good parties, but I like Yeslick. So I usually have at least 1 or 2 evil NPCs and I never remember with who Yeslick starts to fight. Kagain, yes. Dorn? Possibly? Eldoth? No idea. So for that reason alone - having the memory of a goldfish - I prefer to leave the ditched NPC outside (usually Branwen). Just in case Yeslick *does* start a fight and I need a the other cleric with war hammer prof back.
    I also take Xan along if I don't need him and then park him somewhere in Nashkel. Just in case Xzar or Edwin gets chunked.