Skip to content

iCloud (or just cloud) Saves!!

inweinwe Member Posts: 79
edited October 2013 in Feature Requests
Please, this is one of your first improves for the EE version that you announced. Please don't forget it, and include it in the new version.
Most of us, due to this promise, bought several copies of BGEE with the hope of play at home with the Mac/PC, and continue our game "on the go" with the iPad/Android devices.. so, please consider the feature as a must for this new version, because I will consider my future purchases of BG2EE.

And.. also it would be nice if you finally support all the languages on the iPad, as you also announced

Thank you very much.
Post edited by inwe on

Comments

• BeridelBeridel Member Posts: 35
    edited October 2013
    I have no idea how easy implementing iCloud saves would be, but while waiting for an all-platform cloud save option, it would be so awesome to have iCloud functionality between OS X and iOS.

EDIT: Should I put this in feature requests if I'm requesting "while-waiting-for-all-platform-cloud-saves" iCloud implementation?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I'll just move this thread to Feature Requests. This isn't going to be done for this patch, I can pretty much guarantee that.
  • BeridelBeridel Member Posts: 35
    Dee said:

I'll just move this thread to Feature Requests. This isn't going to be done for this patch, I can pretty much guarantee that.

@Dee: I figured as much, but do you think it's something that's feasible for a follow-up patch? Or are we OS X/iPad users in for the long wait like everyone else?

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    It might not be as long as you think, but we're still looking at a variety of solutions. iCloud is great for Mac and iOS, but it's not friendly at all with Windows or Android.
  • AendaeronBluescaleAendaeronBluescale Member Posts: 335
    @Dee
    Suggestion: Beamdog.net Cloud Vault
    With Cheat-free (Only allows unmodded clients to access it) and Non-Cheat-free option (Mod to your heart's content)
    Not only is it a cloud save, it also prevents cheating by using external character editors and mods.
  • inweinwe Member Posts: 79
    Dee said:

It might not be as long as you think, but we're still looking at a variety of solutions. iCloud is great for Mac and iOS, but it's not friendly at all with Windows or Android.

Hi Dee, I know iCloud is just for Apple Devices, so in the title I typed "iCloud (or just cloud) saves" due to that.

Thank you and please, this is one of the first goals of BGEE so please, don't forget it because I (and many people) was counting with it since the beginning :)
  • silver_gpsilver_gp Member Posts: 21
    I think it will be very convient for players to save game on skydrive or dropbox in order to share the saves.