Skip to content

Few issues noticed while playing multiplayer

ManveruManveru Member Posts: 75
We've played a bit of multiplayer and we noticed a few things:

Character that the other player uses sometimes do random 'attack' animations, even if there is nothing to attack. I'm not entirely sure, but I believe it seems to happen when I get out of a menu (inventory/charactersheet) to the game.

Pausing is still pretty difficult, and auto-pausing doesn't work all the time. We've noticed this after talking to Silke, when she becomes hostile the game doesn't auto pause seem to auto-pause. And you have to hit the pause button either quite hard or quite a few times to make the game pause at all. Perhaps there is some kind of lag in pausing?

After talking to Garrick we were brought to Silke, the other player talked to Garrick again instead of Silke and got the same quest again and we got the little cutscene again, this time however we walked to where Garrick originally stood, only halfway he turned around and walked back to Silke. I think once you talked to Garrick and he's standing next to Silke he should say something like ' Talk to Silke' instead of pretending we've never talked before :)

Itomon

Comments

• minutusminutus Member Posts: 16
    Auto-pausing not kicking in after dialogue ends and the pause delay sounds the same like it works in vanilla BG2. I think the delay has to do with synchronizing between clients. Some kind of "buffer" maybe? There's delay even if you're playing alone in multiplayer mode (without actual latency).
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    edited October 2013
    The combat animation issue is already in the tracker (#1552).
    elminsterItomonManveru
  • ManveruManveru Member Posts: 75
    Ok nice, I hope they'll do something about the pausing though. It's always been an annoyance in BG games. I believe it's already improved during normal gameplay (less lag), but perhaps so much happens after a conversation and somebody goes hostile.

I think the what makes the lag is that pause command is put in some kinda multi thread safe queue with the rest of the actions that are triggered, but the pause command is somewhere on the bottom.