Skip to content

Hexxat, Possible Origin

2»

Comments

• scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    edited October 2013
    Flashburn said:

Hmm. I was under the impression that in 3rd edition, Genasi didn't have szuldar lines in their skin and they could only "be" one type of genasi. And they only had one or two features to tell them apart from humans. In 4th edition it looks like they've merged into one race, manifest different elements, and look very distinctly not-human.

If the trend of BG borrowing from 3e continues, even though its AD&D 2e (see sorcerer, dwarven defender), I would have to say that Hexxat would be a 3e version of an Air Genasi. That said, my only experience with Genasi is with NWN2 so I could be wrong and I most likely am.

But let's compare, shall we? Keep in mind that the appearances of the 3rd edition Genasi can vary by individual. Maybe another Air Genasi wouldn't have blue skin, but their hair would always seem to flow in the wind. Or a fire genasi would look like a normal human, except for skin, eyes, and hair that would glow red when angry.

3e, from left to right: Earth, Air, Water, Fire.

4e - what looks to be a Genasi struggling to manifest a different element.

Another reason 4th Edition is stupid and boring, then.

I do agree about Genasi being a possibility. I brought it up in the New Media thread, but because of the music (it's vaguely oriental feel), but theorised her to be from Calimshan instead, another place full of Genie influence and the resulting Genasi. It's also right next to where ToB takes place... I don't remember the map very well, but it might even show some of it's northeastern parts (the maps were just big messes in BG2 anyway). Might very well be that that's where her questline takes us in ToB.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    onan said:

My female pureblood yuan-ti charname from Neverwinter Nights 2 Storm of Zehir has freckles.

But can mere freckles replace actual scales, slit pupils, and the ability to do awesome french kisses for that matter? Sadly, Hexxat's reptilian vibe is pretty much zero.
    That's a relief.
    Not into the lizard lovin'?
    I once dated a basilisk. Being a beholder myself, let's just say it was awkward.
    No deep, longing looks into each others eyes eh?
    We were between a rock and a hard place, really. Never at the same level either, so the basilik found I was looking down on him and my compliments usually fell flat. I finally disintegrated the relationship, never looking back.