Skip to content

Make Ice Storm available for purchase at the Sorcerous Sundries

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
edited October 2013 in Feature Requests
@ajwz made a post in the "Top Ten Issues" thread in the 1.2 section of the forums about how Ice Storm isn't available in the main campaign.

So I'm going to propose Ice Storm be made available for purchase somewhere in the game. Perhaps at the Sorcerous Sundries.

It just seems odd that you would have a Belt of Antipode but not really any area of effect cold spell (other than perhaps Cone of Cold) to prevent yourself from being damaged with it.

Alternatively might I suggest giving it to someone like Garan in the Ice Labyrinth (as a droppable item).
Post edited by elminster on
meaglothKamigoroshiSilenceWilburmackosKidCarnivalCrevsDaak

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Ha! I'm a sorcerer! Loves me some ice storm, I does....
    elminsterCrevsDaak
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    I combed over the game pretty thoroughly and never came across Spider Spawning in BG:EE. Could we please make it available for sale at Sorcerous Sundries as well?
  • ChinookUTChinookUT Member Posts: 32

I combed over the game pretty thoroughly and never came across Spider Spawning in BG:EE. Could we please make it available for sale at Sorcerous Sundries as well?

Spider Spawn can be looted off the mages on the Sorcerous Sundries' second floor.
    elminster
  • mackosmackos Member Posts: 188
    i miss that spell too!
    elminsterCrevsDaak
  • LoremasterLoremaster Member Posts: 212
    Solo mage players need access to 4th and 5th level spells, not too late in the game. Perhaps Thalantyr can sell some.
    CrevsDaak