Skip to content

Multiplayer Enhanced Edition?

I hear we were suppose to get a better multi-player client.

Is this still happening, or did it already?

I would really like to chat and meet players.

Comments

• GoddardGoddard Member Posts: 134
    Also weren't we suppose to get cloud saves or something?
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    The better MP is in the Patch, I believe. The cloud saves, however. Yeah, I think it might be best to assume that things happened and we probably won't get them.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    I don't think that's the best assumption.
    Coriander said:

I don't think that's the best assumption.

Well, okay: We have heard nothing about them, and thus if they do materialise it will be at a thus-far unspecified time and place. :)
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    It is coming in the new patch that will potentially be launching today. The patch you so graciously said:
    Goddard said:

This update is nothing to look forward to for me.

About in the road to 1.2 forum.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    @Eudaemonium No news is no news. If we haven't talked about anything in a while, it doesn't mean anything.
    Coriander said:

@Eudaemonium No news is no news. If we haven't talked about anything in a while, it doesn't mean anything.

That's kind of what I meant. If they should appear, it shall be at a time we do not know (though presumably will closer to the time).
    What is the better multi-player that is coming in the patch? What I think of is something like Game Matching....
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    edited October 2013
    We now have beamdog.net matching, as of the latest patch. On initial testing just now there are a couple of stability issues, but you can find a named game very easily. @Elendar & I had a couple of crashes and random disconnects though likely as not due to my ancient laptop. We were able to drop in and out with minimal problems.
    What is beamdog.net matching? In multiplayer I don't see any of that stuff.
    Is this only on windows?
    i found it nevermind