Skip to content

Any estimate on when multiplayer will work as was advertised?

13»

Comments

• FouneFoune Member Posts: 53
    StiffWood said:

So any news on multiplayer? I've been waiting for ages now to play this online with friends.

Matchmaking works now with Beamdog, though it's still in Beta I believe.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    I did a couple of little multiplayer tests last night, and you can as of v1.2 find named games through Beamdog.net quite easily. No port forwarding, no messing around with IP addresses. We did experience a couple of random disconnects and crashes, but this might be more because my laptop is pretty stone-age more than anything else.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I experience occasional disconnects too, but I'm fairly convinced it has less to do with the game's match-making system and more to do with my router being a piece of junk. :)

I'll be launching a multiplayer game later today for testing; if anyone wants to join me, I'll be heading into Nashkel. The game will be displayed as "Dee's Multiplayer Extravaganza", so if you see it, come on in!
  • rectifierrectifier Member Posts: 15
    edited November 2013
    Would it be possible for the multiplayer games to have a bit more information when glancing over their details? By that I mean something like a list of the users currently in the game and/or the current act of the game. The latter is so I wouldn't need "snapshots" of characters to join a game in-progress (so my character isn't useless, but isn't overpowered, either of which may be annoying to the other players).

Also, it would be great if there was a refresh button or some other refreshing mechanism to see which games are still listed without leaving the list and re-entering to do so. *edit* Because if there is, it is not apparent.
  • StiffWoodStiffWood Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2013
    I'm looking forward to playing good and solid multiplayer without having reside to fixes and hacks.

Edit: Any way to try out the testing branch when you have steamversion? Or is that not possible due to the different publishers?
  • StiffWoodStiffWood Member Posts: 3
    rectifier said:

Would it be possible for the multiplayer games to have a bit more information when glancing over their details? By that I mean something like a list of the users currently in the game and/or the current act of the game. The latter is so I wouldn't need "snapshots" of characters to join a game in-progress (so my character isn't useless, but isn't overpowered, either of which may be annoying to the other players).

Also, it would be great if there was a refresh button or some other refreshing mechanism to see which games are still listed without leaving the list and re-entering to do so. *edit* Because if there is, it is not apparent.

Double post I know, but functions like these would be really great. I'm interested.
  • ArktosaArktosa Member Posts: 73
    I cannot believe they actually wants to release bg2 with that type of buggy matchmaking... Hope they fix it soon for bg1 before bg2
  • ItomonItomon Member Posts: 187
    StiffWood said:

rectifier said:

Double post I know, but functions like these would be really great. I'm interested.
    Make it three.

One of the things that should appear is the current permissions for importing characters (XP and Items, just XP or nothing). I got many ppl coming and going because they didn't agree with my game rules (using only default premade characters)
  • LiberelliLiberelli Member Posts: 170
    Yes i would very much like to see some work done on actual connectivity. It's nice we can find games easily now, the next step will be to actually consistently play in those games. I want BG2EE very badly, very badly, but no thx if it's more of the same... :(
  • AvariAvari Member Posts: 38
    Will the beta version of this match making system be in the release of BGII:EE?
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    I have recently been playing with the 1.2 multiplayer it is fun, but incredibly unstable. I do not think it is all due to hardware (I have quite robust internet). Hard to point out a reason for the instability though, we could be playing fine for half an hour then the next half hour get constant disconnects.
  • AvariAvari Member Posts: 38

I have recently been playing with the 1.2 multiplayer it is fun, but incredibly unstable. I do not think it is all due to hardware (I have quite robust internet). Hard to point out a reason for the instability though, we could be playing fine for half an hour then the next half hour get constant disconnects.

Just some follow-up questions if you don't mind.

1) How many people were you?
    2) When did you crash typically? e.g. were you zoning, in combat, initiating dialogue, accessing inventory, in a particular zone, etc. etc.?
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    1. 3-4
    2. No particularities, perhaps except somewhat more unstable in Nashkel.