Skip to content

Cannot identify anything?

So I patched to the latest patch yesterday, and my save game where I have a mage with Identify spell can no longer identify anything at all.

Is this a known bug or?

Comments

• PorphyraPorphyra Member Posts: 10
    It works fine for me, with both Neera and Baeloth, of course that fact is supremely unhelpful for you ;-) have you tried stuff like removing and adding the memorised identify spell and seeing if it works after resting? Perhaps something is wrong with the savegame, have you tried loading an earlier save?
  • badbromancebadbromance Member Posts: 238
    Is it Edwin or a PC conjurer?
  • HighborneHighborne Member Posts: 22
    edited November 2013
    PC fighter/mage level 5.

I was using BGtweak pack but it seems that is all broken now as I cannot make those work either (giving error when trying to apply the changes again as I enjoy playing with the changes).

But since the patch I haven't applied the tweak pack and cannot ID items.

I have removed spells, rested, reapplied spells, reseted, nothing works.

I am in the same boat, I want to remove the patch until all these bugs are fixed.
  • HighborneHighborne Member Posts: 22

I would uninstall any mods or even the game itself, then reinstall so you're running stock v1.2 as a standalone. Mods just mess things up if the authors aren't updating their content to match that of the new version updates of BG:EE.

Good luck, brave warrior!

Fully unacceptable.

I don't mind reinstalling, but I would wager money that my savegame has been completely wrecked because of this.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Installing the patch wipes out your old Override directory, so any mods you were using before patching have to be re-installed after the patch.

Also, are you using the latest version of Tweak Pack? v14 was released about a month ago with some exclusive new tweaks for post-patch EE.
  • KeryvianKeryvian Member Posts: 14
    BG2 Tweaks v14 works fine with BGEE 1.2 for me. I currently have it installed and don't have any trouble identifying objects.