Skip to content

Sound sets still a no go?

I had thought that this large patch would address the known issue of the custom voice sets not working properly. But evidently not. This is very irritating to me, as this is one of the most fun parts of customizing my character for me. And it's not like I hate the enhanced edition either, I really like it. But I don't understand why this has not been fixed by Overhaul yet.

And yes I know there is a way to edit the files to make them work. But why should -I- have to do that? This is the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition. Custom voices worked perfectly in the original Baldur's Gate, there is no reason why they should not in the Enhanced Edition.

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,212
    That is indeed highly disappointing, especially given how long the wait was for this patch. You can never have *everything* I guess, but this seems like something big... :(
  • theJoshFrosttheJoshFrost Member Posts: 171

That is indeed highly disappointing, especially given how long the wait was for this patch. You can never have *everything* I guess, but this seems like something big... :(

Really. It just seems so simple too. If the community has found a way (albeit sort of a complex and odd way) to fix it, surely it wouldn't even take an hour for a programmer at Overhaul to fix it.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    I had also hoped that the devs would import the voices from BG2 into BG:EE, the way BG Tutu does. It seems like that would be especially doable now that Overhaul is working on BG2:EE, so presumably they will already have those voices prepared with accompanying scripts.
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    Have you tried the following tutorial?

forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/17259/tutorial-how-to-use-dltcep-to-enable-custom-soundsets
  • JixoJixo Member Posts: 12
    Im having the same issue. when the original BG was just a drag and drop but now because of subtitles beamdog butchered the flexibility of custom soundsets. I tried the DLTCEP and it still does not work. We are stuck with the limit of 10 custom soundsets by renaming your sets to CUSTOM0-9 which is stupid its been a year and I already know so many friends that unistalled EE and went back to the GOG or original discs.