Skip to content

The new Thieving Skill Boni (BG EE 1.2) [issue solved]

hansolohansolo Member Posts: 136
I'm a bit confused concerning the new thieving skill boni of the various races. At least according to the race descriptions.

I guess, the intention is kind of a ballance thing, so the Human class was given some boni, some other races have gotten changes, too.

I'm disappointed about this, it somehow destroys a bit the original ADnD flavor.
Plus, this game isn't balanced anyway, with some classes vastly superior to others so I wouldn't understand the balance argument.

What is your opinion about this issue?
Post edited by hansolo on

Comments

• CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    The actual numbers are unchanged. Humans dont actually have a bonus. The numbers listed on the description are the Base thieving numbers every race gets before modifiers.

Some of the descriptions (like Dwarf) show those numbers plus racial bonuses added. Others (like Elf) just show the racial bonus without the base added in.

Its just inconsistency in the written descriptions. The actual numbers are the same as they've always been.
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    You are missing the bigger question here, namely who the hell calls bonuses "boni"?
    Sceptenar said:

You are missing the bigger question here, namely who the hell calls bonuses "boni"?

Its what you call a group of Bonuses. Like fungus. :P

• onanonan Member Posts: 223
    Sceptenar said:

I never knew that there was a plural of bonus. I think it's really great that you can learn new stuff in a forum about a 15 year old crpg. But that being said I also think "boni" would make a great erotic film star name.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    edited November 2013
    Is this actual bonuses being displayed for choosing human? Are you sure it isn't Dex or No Armour bonuses?
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    It could also be a great name for a female lich.
    onan said:

I think it's really great that you can learn new stuff in a forum about a 15 year old crpg. But that being said I also think "boni" would make a great erotic film star name.

Most of my knowledge of Erotic Film making I learned from Fallout 2. So I agree. :)

@onan

www.dictionary.com

Great resource.

How about, Boni Tyler?
    decado said:

Is this actual bonuses being displayed for choosing human? Are you sure it isn't Dex or No Armour bonuses?

Its the base numbers all thieves get. Create a human thief with a 13 dex (i.e. no bonuses) and those will be your starting numbers. Easy to test.

edited November 2013

Sceptenar said:

Its what you call a group of Bonuses. Like fungus. :P

Wrong. Fungus is singular, the plural of fungus is fungi. Bonuses is already the plural form.

So you are wrong! Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong... bad dog! baaaaad dog!
    Go sit in a corner and think about how wrong you are, Wrongy McWrongerson.

[When you read this, do it in a John Cleese voice ;) ]
    edited November 2013
    I did something right if you thought I was serious. :D

(Or at the very least caused you to channel Cleese.)

I did something right if you thought I was serious. :D

(Or at the very least caused you to channel Cleese.)

Didn't think you were serious, no. I've just been wathcing a lot of Monty Python lately and I felt compelled to point out your wrongness after remembering a Cleese schoolteacher doing something similar.
  • hansolohansolo Member Posts: 136
    Ok, so the description is a bit confusing, but nothing has changed actually.

Oh yeah, the plural (correct English) is bonuses.
    I used the Latin/Italian plural form accidentally :)
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    nano said:

It could also be a great name for a female lich.

Worst … rule 34 … EVER.

• nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    I regret looking that up...

to be fair though, there's not much to see on a skeleton.