Skip to content

Planescape: Torment Worth Buying?

2»

Comments

• RannRann Member Posts: 168
    SImply my favorite game ever -- definitely worth getting. (I still play it about once every other year.)
    Pibaro
  • 500MetricTonnes500MetricTonnes Member Posts: 8
    It's probably one of the best RPGs *I've* played, in terms of writing and thematic depth, and makes a few interesting subversion of typical RPG tropes (such as the fact that your character is immortal and cannot permanently die, except in a few instances). But there's some caveats with that.

The game is *very* dialogue-heavy. Combat is usually quite dull and rather perfunctory, so if you're looking for a combat-oriented game like Icewind Dale or Diablo, PS:T is probably the last game you should be playing. Your enjoyment of the game is also probably dependent on how much you enjoy the Planescape setting, as it is quite different from your typical fantasy RPG universe.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    ajwz said:

DJKajuru said:

In fact, at the beggining all you think is "where can I find that Pharod dude" , and start investigating.

Nowadays there would be an marker on the minimap showing his location, and if you pressed tab, you'd get a sparking line of bread crumbs showing you the quickest route to reach him.
    Which isn't necessarily bad for those who have jobs and thus can't afford to sink hours on end in a game. Sometimes having a good pace in a game isn't bad, you know.
    Ayiekie