Skip to content

How many times have you bought BG?

2»

Comments

• Ironmancal2131Ironmancal2131 Member Posts: 23
    I got into BG around 2003, when I started PC gaming (before that, I was strictly a console player) It's the only series I never get tired. I've done 4 runs of BGEE in the past week. Although not COMPLETE runs, I got it down to getting to chapter 7 and having a solo character with max EXP, all the special abilities + tomes, then I just export the character, where they wait for EE 2. I mostly play the first anymore to have a character for the 2nd, I can't bring myself to just make a character for the 2nd game, I need the whole experience, lol.

1. BG + TotSC 3 disc
    2. BG2 + TOB boxed set
    3. Atari collection (where I also repurchased all the games in that collection)
    4. BGEE x 2 (1 for wife)
    5. BGEE 2
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    Original set of the whole saga (minus TotSC)
    DVD rom collection
    GameStop collection
    GoG collection
    EE collection

I'm pretty sure I repurchased the DVD rom collection at least twice, but I may be getting that confused with the Fallout series.

So, 5 (at least) for me. And believe it or not I still haven't finished TotSC
  • FrostyFrosty Member Posts: 190
    Bg1 4 times, bg2 twice soon to be three
  • MichailMichail Member Posts: 196
    Lemme see... 3... and i would buy it again and again for every new computer I own to the end of my life if i had to!

(I currently own my white box cd's, my BG Saga DVD compilation and BG:EE, but I also managed to install BG on an android tablet using the near infinity engine and the original files).
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    Four. One for Mac, another one for PC, another one I bought the Complete Edition (I dont remember if that was its name) that contained BG series plus IWD series, and last, BGEE
  • kmfdmkmfdm Member Posts: 18
    5 CD version
    CD Expansion
    2x DVD version with expansion
    GOG Version
    BGEE from Beamdog
    BGEE from Steam
    BGEE for Ipad
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    I'm thinking there is also a bit of a biased sampling here in that those who are on the forums are already long term fans.

There was a comment on the Mac Appstore board which essentially read: "BGEE is a snoozefest. Don't waste money. Go buy a real game like Diablo." (I kid you not.)

On a money-spent-per-hour-of-gameplay basis BG remains my best investment -- even after the many copies purchased.

Keep'em comin', Beamdog.
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    edited November 2013
    3 times, bg2 2 time

I WANT A BADGE $ DAT!!!

;)
  • SeveronSeveron Member Posts: 214
    The Orginal 6 Disc Box which included ToTSC
    The 3 CD Box set which had TOTSC
    The 4 disc box set for BG1 + ToTSC, BG2 and ToB
    The EE version on Beamdog
    The EE version on Steam for my ex
  • raerae Member Posts: 35
    Severon said:

The EE version on Steam for my ex

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

BG only two times. BG complete series + BGEE
    BG2 three times, original box, BG complete series + BGEE2 (pending).
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    1) Original BG 5 disk (before TotSC)
    2) DVD version for my laptop (yay no more disk swapping)
    3) TotSC
    4)BG2 Collectors Edition
    5)ToB
    6)BGEE
    7)BG2EE
    8) BG3 ??
  • YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
    I first bought the SoA 4 disk set.
    Friend gave me ToB years later.
    Found original BG in 5 disk form at a thrift shop.
    Found ToSC box at same store.
    I bought the D&D Anthropology Set.
    Pre-ordered BGEE.
    Pre-ordered BG2EE.
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    Once, BGEE. My dad had already bought Bg1 and BG2 and their expansions before I even knew what money was.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    1. Original 5-cd sleeve release of BG and boxed ToTSC, SoA, and ToB, as released. Still have all of them in excellent condition.

2. GoG.com of both BG1 and BG2 so I wouldn't have to mess with all those discs anymore to get clean installs.

3. BG:EE and BG2:EE from Beamdog.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    1. Original Six Disc Monstrosity
    2. DVD version
    3. BG:EE

Money well spent, as far as I'm concerned. Few games have made me buy multiple freaking versions of the same game besides Baldur's Gate, Final Fantasy Tactics, Knights of the Old Republic, KotOR2, Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2. I'd say that's a testament to their greatness.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    BG EE preordered, then purchased two friends the $5 can't beat em join em sale edition of BG EE.

BG2 purchased the SoA / ToB box set CDs.

BG2 EE preordered.
  • SamielSamiel Member Posts: 156
    Once when it launched during my university days, I lent it to a friend who dropped out left and took it with him. Once again in the combo pack with TotSC to replace the lost copy, and BG:EE on both PC and iPad.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207

1. Original Six Disc Monstrosity

Oh the joys of that cool folder it comes in. Oh the annoyance of the discs always falling out of it.
  • RnRClownRnRClown Member Posts: 182
    Twice. The wallet came out for the six disc Baldur's Gate + Tales of the Sword Coast box set, as well as the follow up Baldur's Gate 2 + Throne of Bhaal. They reigned supreme until the arrival of the Enhanced Editions.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    BG1, TOSTC, & BG2:SOA on CD, (3 purchases), when they came out. BG1&2 complete off GOG, BGEE for PC & iPad. All in all, my preorder of BG2EE is my 8th purchase. I won't get into IWD or Torment.
  • doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    Got the original bg when I purchased a PC. Got hooked. Got the 4 soa. Then tob. To be sure nothing happened to them I also got the games on DVD, all 4 in one box. I believe the originals are somewhere in my basement. The collection of 4 is safely placed next to my PC.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    BG2
    1 Collectors edition. Never used the disks.
    2 Bought SoA on the day it was released so I didn't have to use my CE disks.
    3 Bought another SoA game when one of the disks blew up in my DVD player. Had to buy a new DVD player also.
    4 Baldur's Gate 2: The Collection
    5 BG2:EE