Skip to content

What was your biggest 'wtf' moment in any of the Forgotten Realms setting games? (MAJOR SPOILERS!)

Comments

• @Messi, my bad, there isn't...besides info on your five a day xD
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738

@Messi, my bad, there isn't...besides info on your five a day xD

NP. Just need to start planning my 3rd BG2EE already I guess so I can fit Jan in the party. ;)

• rexregrexreg Member Posts: 292
    coming back to Athkatla after adventuring in the Underdark & losing CHAR's love-interest to Bodhi...I thought I had done something seriously wrong to lose a party member in such a manner
    TethorilofLathanderSyntia13JuliusBorisovStarflower2525
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    rexreg said:

coming back to Athkatla after adventuring in the Underdark & losing CHAR's love-interest to Bodhi...I thought I had done something seriously wrong to lose a party member in such a manner

Never happened to me when I played my first 50 or so times. I think it was patched to work later, but back then downloading patches from the internet wasn't really a thing.
  • KoyoteKoyote Member Posts: 89
    Buying BG: Dark Alliance and firing it up. It ended up being mindless fun for me and my friends but I do remember saying "WTF, this isn't baldurs gate".
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018

...[Why does] she immediately jumped to the conclusion that I was going to betray her after talking with Mephistopheles for all of two minutes. So laaaaaaaame.

It's what she would have done, so she assumes it is what you would have done.

• Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    Running into Nimbul after completing the Nashkel Mines. I think that's when the meta gaming truly began -.-

Also Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor. Book was decent. Game, not so much. Kind of wishes I still had my copy just so I could beat it (I think the discs were scratched though so I could never progress after a certain point) Maybe I'll try again someday (probably not)

Reading the Time of Troubles trilogy was pretty messed up too. And so was the fact they ended the Legend of Drizz't comics after I think the 7th or 8th one. It was the only way I could get my sister to 'read' them =p
    JuliusBorisov
  • jameskerjamesker Member Posts: 99
    Playing Dark Alliance 2 after completing the game on hard and realising you could play as Artemis Entreri
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190

Why would I betray five feet and eight inches of high-level drow god-queen hotness for an inert devil prince stupid enough to get himself bound in the first place?

She should have either joined me to begin with, or I should have been able to find her in the Nine Hells. Needless to say, I was not pleased.

• It's what she would have done, so she assumes it is what you would have done.

Why would I betray five feet and eight inches of high-level drow god-queen hotness for an inert devil prince stupid enough to get himself bound in the first place?

She should have either joined me to begin with, or I should have been able to find her in the Nine Hells. Needless to say, I was not pleased.
    She was a bit of a crazy bitch xD
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    edited November 2013
    jamesker said:

Playing Dark Alliance 2 after completing the game on hard and realising you could play as Artemis Entreri

I now have to get this game.

Regardless, my wtf moments, were these:

Icewind Dale:
    - Finding out that the Myrkulites were not the evil in the valley
    - Finding out that someone had managed to capture the Heartstone from the middle of a heavily defended temple defended by Verbeeg and clerics
    - Finding out that a flipping marilith was leading the hordes in the Dragons Eye.
    Baldur's Gate:
    - Finding out that Koveras was Sarevok for the first time & that you get blamed for the deaths of the Iron Throne leaders regardless of what you do
    - That Sarevok ran when he still had the ability to crush his opposition in one fell swoop using the Flaming Fist and himself
    - The Wyvern skeletons in Durlag's Tower... How did they get down there?
    - Durlag's Tower: You have to go through extremely trapped halls to find an inexperienced band of adventurers ahead of you.
    Baldur's Gate 2:
    - A certain beholder that kept appeared multiple times.
    - How halfway through the ceremony in Ust Natha if you help them, you get revealed anyways and get chased out of the city.(Makes sense since the dragon would feel betrayed)
    - The pit in the Underdark.
    - Finding out about Illithid intelligence drain
    - Firkragg
    - ToB

Post edited by GemHound on
    TethorilofLathanderJuliusBorisovStarflower2525Fredjo

You miss the point. she is power-mad and wouldn't serve or share power with anyone. If she was getting power from somewhere (Mephisto) and saw you dealing with that source, she is going to assume that you are as power mad as she is. It's a whole thing.

• dementeddemented Member Posts: 388
    Finding the girdle of gender changing and putting it on Edwin. That wasn't the WTF moment though. That came in BG2 when he deciphered the scroll and changed genders again. It was like he was meant to be Edwina.

Saemon Havarian screwing me again and again. I was sure I'd have the chance to take revenge, but never did.
    JuliusBorisovSyntia13Starflower2525Fredjo
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190

You miss the point. she is power-mad and wouldn't serve or share power with anyone. If she was getting power from somewhere (Mephisto) and saw you dealing with that source, she is going to assume that you are as power mad as she is. It's a whole thing.

She didn't object to me talking to him initially.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566

As he says just before he completely ruins everyone's shit, Mephistopheles was never bound. He was just kindly staying inside the crappy circle because the Valsharess was doing what he was planning to do anyway. When she stopped being useful, he stopped playing the game.
    TethorilofLathanderFlashburn
  • demented said:

Finding the girdle of gender changing and putting it on Edwin. That wasn't the WTF moment though. That came in BG2 when he deciphered the scroll and changed genders again. It was like he was meant to be Edwina.

Saemon Havarian screwing me again and again. I was sure I'd have the chance to take revenge, but never did.

Apparently you can sneakily get/kill/whack on the head with a sturdy morningstar Saemon a few times in Throne of Bhaal >:D

She didn't object to me talking to him initially.
    Who says she is rational?
  • BattlehamsterBattlehamster Member Posts: 298
    BG

- Well the whole "oh and by the way you are a demi-god" was a bit unforeseen despite being hinted at.
    - Prism having an aneurysm after completing his art
    - Noober
    - Running into an Ankeg nest of roughly 6. TPK

BG2

- "OH S--- HE'S A DRAGON"
    - (being a fire resistant cavalier) "Oh...well that was a bit underwhelming."
    - "Aaaaaaaand the globe just teleported to another dimension. Okay er, what now?"
    - Hey guys, so I've been thinking. I have this fri---(slayer activates) RAAAAAAAGH!!! DEVOUR SOULS!
    - Accidentally devouring Imoen's soul as a slayer. Whoops. My bad.
    TethorilofLathanderStarflower2525Fredjo
  • dementeddemented Member Posts: 388

Apparently you can sneakily get/kill/whack on the head with a sturdy morningstar Saemon a few times in Throne of Bhaal >:D

You can and I've done that, but you need meta-knowledge to do it. So my first time through SOA + TOB, went without getting to exact painful vengeance.
  • fujisanfujisan Member Posts: 33
    Finding out Viconia dies at the end of the romance was by far the biggest shock for me.
  • zerckanzerckan Member Posts: 178
    Meeting noobers relative neeber in BG2 was one of those moments for me.
    MortiannaEudaemoniumStarflower2525TethorilofLathander
  • blueblue Member Posts: 39
    Yoshimos betrayal made my jaw drop : O
    Syntia13Starflower2525TethorilofLathanderStevevdl
    Zanian said:

Irenicus was one seriously f***ed up dude. Great villain though.

David Warner for the win. He is awesome in just about anything he does.

zerckanjackjackStarflower2525TethorilofLathander
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    @Duron it had to be him. Someone else could do it wrong.

Most shocking... lets see... uh... Aerie getting pregnant. And then continuing to be an adventurer despite the constant deadly obstacles, probably dying repeatedly. And then her wandering off behind some bushes and giving birth. And then CARRYING HER NEWBORN CHILD TO THE THRONE OF BLOOD.
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    @Battlehamster

BG
    - Accidentally devouring Imoen's soul as a slayer. Whoops. My bad.

accidentally dev...buh? What? You can do that? How? When? *mind blown*

• BattlehamsterBattlehamster Member Posts: 298
    @Syntia13

When you are in spellhold there is a brief period where you can spontaneously transform into the slayer. Right after I got Imoen back in the party CHARNAME went slayer (which I wasn't expecting) and team killed her with a crit.
    Syntia13
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    Seriously, I am totally clueless when it comes to these things.

BG: Didn't catch that you are the child of a murderous god and the brother of Sarevok until it was blatantly thrown at me. The Koveras thing got me to.

BG2: Imoen? Sister? The first time I played BG2 and heard there were romances I had plans to get funky with my dear old Candlekeep friend. Total Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia moment right there.

NWN2: Totally believed Ammon Jerro was the King of Shadows right until it was made obvious.

Ridicule me or not, I quite enjoy being oblivious at times. Make's the story so much more enjoyable!
    nemiafalaSyntia13
  • AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213
    ADnD: Curse of the Azure Bonds. My first time encountering a beholder, as he proceeded to paralyze gaze one party member, petryify gaze another, death gaze another still, and still have one or two more gazes he threw out. And I thought taking on a Drow Lord was hard.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Fighting a dragon for the first time in BG2. I didn't know they could knock you back (wing buffed). It was like WTF and then I started to laugh as I watched my party get knocked around the dungeon and eventually my main character died.
    jackjackFredjo