Skip to content

Crash after character creation!

lytnersparklytnerspark Member Posts: 9
edited November 2013 in Windows PC (Archive)
Hello, and thanks for the new patch!! I'm looking forward to playing but I'm having a few problems trying to create a new character. I get the following errors:

.\sql_compiler.c(1021): [Not Exists] Cannot find column 'time_recieved' on table 'quests'

and

.\sql.c(38): sql: attempting to call NULL statement

I'm not the most computer savvy person, but I'll try to give more information if I can! Also worth noting, I've been able to play before downloading the patch.

Comments

• vampirelemattvampirelematt Member Posts: 7
    I have the same problem. I'm redownloading and reinstalling now to see if that catches it.
  • areedareed Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    Same problem here. I get the same error when attempting to create a new character or load a saved game. re-downloaded and reinstalled to no effect.

Edit: Tutorial and Black Pits load fine, with new characters or pre-gen party, but no dice on the main game.
    Nope, still happening. I'm sending the devs the crash dmp.
    Crash dmp file.
    Well, great. I've been waiting months for this patch, go figure. I suppose it'll be tackled eventually.
  • areedareed Member Posts: 2
    It turns out something in the Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition folder in My Documents was the source of the problem, though not the override folder as I tried deleting that first.

I moved the BGEE folder to another directory and ran the game to generate a new one. After that I had no problem starting new games as was able to move my latest save from the previous version back over to the new directory and play just fine.
    Yep, that solved it for me as well, though I was able to determine that my custom portraits being improperly named was causing the game to break after character creation. For anyone else with this problem, make sure to double check that your custom portraits are 24 bit bmp images with file names no larger than eight characters.
  • lytnersparklytnerspark Member Posts: 9
    I figured out what my problem was thanks to some help from areed and vampirelematt. I had some wrongfully sized portraits in my override folder! Once deleted I was good to go, thanks for everybody's help!
  • benndsbennds Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys,

(1) Deleted the BGEE.sql file, still had the same problem
    (2) I moved the directory and started a new game so a new one will be created under Documents - still having the same issue.

Is there any thing else that I can try out to troubleshoot?