Skip to content

Hello there, new to the forums.

Greetings.

Baldur's Gate was one of the first PC games I had purchased when my family bought its first computer. When I heard that an Enhanced Edition was to be released I was very excited and didn't hesitate to purchase a copy. Now, I'm very excited to hear about Baldur's Gate II also being Enhanced. I've never actually finished Baldur's Gate II, so I figured it'd be best to get involved with the community here in advance to its arrival.

Currently, I'm going through BG:EE as a Cleric/Ranger with intentions of transferring him into the second game.

I look forward to discussing all kinds of Bulder'sey Gatesy things. :)

Regards.

Comments

• Wonderboy2402Wonderboy2402 Member Posts: 121
    Welcome to the forums. Your story is alot like mine. I remember picking it up off the shelf and being blown away with the cover art.

Now flash forward to present day and you we can play BGEE and soon BG2EE.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Well (shameless plug) not sure what NPC's you currently have in your party but if you find yourself looking for general strategies for BGEE's NPC's I published a guide yesterday that you can find here :)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=183524786
  • RangerRanger Member Posts: 10
    elminster said:

Well (shameless plug) not sure what NPC's you currently have in your party

Thanks for the link, I will be sure to check it out. My first run through BGEE I rolled up a Dwarven Thief named "Shortie" Treadlight. It wasn't too long into the game when I went to pick up Ajantis, and Kivan. For the rest of my party, I included Jaheira, Khalid, and Imoen (dual classed) .

This time around I am using Gerrick, Imoen (until I find a thief to replace her), and the three new characters that came with BGEE. It's a bit unconventional, but I'd like to see their added content.

So far I'm not having much trouble. I can't say I'm really impressed with a Wild Mage, as she unpredictably backfired Hold upon herself when trying to use a Mage Armor scroll. Dorn is kind of a powerhouse, and Rasaad is keeping it a bit challenging.

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Ranger said:

So far I'm not having much trouble. I can't say I'm really impressed with a Wild Mage, as she unpredictably backfired Hold upon herself when trying to use a Mage Armor scroll. Dorn is kind of a powerhouse, and Rasaad is keeping it a bit challenging.

I have been warned to NEVER use a Wild Mage for buff/protection spells, or even use any spells in a friendly place like Beregost.

Anyways welcome to the forums :)