Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Hello there, new to the forums.

Greetings.

Baldur's Gate was one of the first PC games I had purchased when my family bought its first computer. When I heard that an Enhanced Edition was to be released I was very excited and didn't hesitate to purchase a copy. Now, I'm very excited to hear about Baldur's Gate II also being Enhanced. I've never actually finished Baldur's Gate II, so I figured it'd be best to get involved with the community here in advance to its arrival.

Currently, I'm going through BG:EE as a Cleric/Ranger with intentions of transferring him into the second game.

I look forward to discussing all kinds of Bulder'sey Gatesy things. :)

Regards.

Comments

• Wonderboy2402Wonderboy2402 Member Posts: 121
    Welcome to the forums. Your story is alot like mine. I remember picking it up off the shelf and being blown away with the cover art.

Now flash forward to present day and you we can play BGEE and soon BG2EE.

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 15,948
    Well (shameless plug) not sure what NPC's you currently have in your party but if you find yourself looking for general strategies for BGEE's NPC's I published a guide yesterday that you can find here :)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=183524786

Sylvus_Moonbow
  • RangerRanger Member Posts: 10
    elminster said:

Well (shameless plug) not sure what NPC's you currently have in your party

Thanks for the link, I will be sure to check it out. My first run through BGEE I rolled up a Dwarven Thief named "Shortie" Treadlight. It wasn't too long into the game when I went to pick up Ajantis, and Kivan. For the rest of my party, I included Jaheira, Khalid, and Imoen (dual classed) .

This time around I am using Gerrick, Imoen (until I find a thief to replace her), and the three new characters that came with BGEE. It's a bit unconventional, but I'd like to see their added content.

So far I'm not having much trouble. I can't say I'm really impressed with a Wild Mage, as she unpredictably backfired Hold upon herself when trying to use a Mage Armor scroll. Dorn is kind of a powerhouse, and Rasaad is keeping it a bit challenging.

CrevsDaak
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Ranger said:

So far I'm not having much trouble. I can't say I'm really impressed with a Wild Mage, as she unpredictably backfired Hold upon herself when trying to use a Mage Armor scroll. Dorn is kind of a powerhouse, and Rasaad is keeping it a bit challenging.

I have been warned to NEVER use a Wild Mage for buff/protection spells, or even use any spells in a friendly place like Beregost.

Anyways welcome to the forums :)