Skip to content

Wife and Kids out of town for the weekend - advice needed

marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
edited November 2013 in Off-Topic
So it's been a very long time since I've had the house to myself for an entire weekend.

So, should I:
1. Go out and organize the garage, which I've been meaning to do for a while?
2. Go hang out with friends?
3. Pretend that I'm back in college, lock myself in and play Baldur's Gate like there's no tomorrow?? Oh, and with the volume cranked up, and once it gets darker, a black light on and perhaps a candle or two lit (Since I'm playing evil this time, that seems appropriate)!!
4. Other?

Option 3 sure is what I'm leaning toward, since I don't know when I'll get another opportunity like this again! I'd love to have my BGEE game nearly complete around the time BG2EE. Help me my BGEE brethren to make the right decision!
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• RellinRellin Member Posts: 28
    Organize the garage and then pretend it is like college. =D
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    edited November 2013
    Either #2 or 3. Organizing garage hardly sounds like much fun. You should have fun during the weekends!
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    #1 isn't reccomended. If you hurt yourself moving something in the garage there would be no one home to help. And you get more GHP (good Husband Points) if the spouse is home when you do it.

#2 puts you out in the Real World place where you can get into all sorts of potential trouble.

#3 sounds like the safest option. An the only girl you can get in trouble with is Neera. :P

So clearly the best thing to do for both yourself and your family is to play Baldur's Gate.

• WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    4. If I was you I would get hammered, but I may have a slight drinking problem anyway.
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    Wilbur said:

4. If I was you I would get hammered, but I may have a slight drinking problem anyway.

That said, I think I will get cyber hammered... as in I'll send my party to the tavern to do more than a little drinking!
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    marceror said:

Wilbur said:

That said, I think I will get cyber hammered... as in I'll send my party to the tavern to do more than a little drinking!
    That is a lot safer option and you can always reload and do it again. Time to get shitfaced!
  • AendaeronBluescaleAendaeronBluescale Member Posts: 335
    edited November 2013
    Combine 2 and 3 (make a multiplayer BG:EE playthrough).
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Do all 3.

Invite friends over for some fun in the garage /w beer (need something to bribe them). The job will go much faster and you'll have more time to play BG once it is done.

This will allow you to hang out with friends.
    Get the garage clean and get brownie points from the wife for getting it done.
    Allow you to play BG uninterrupted and guilt free once the wife gets home
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    deltago said:

Do all 3.

Invite friends over for some fun in the garage /w beer (need something to bribe them). The job will go much faster and you'll have more time to play BG once it is done.

Wow..this. Are you some kind of life coach? :D
  • triclops41triclops41 Member Posts: 207
    deltago said:

Do all 3.

This guy gets it. Word of caution though; be smart about who you invite to help. Some friends are faster than others, and some even make the job go more slowly with their presence.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Yeah, in my case I usually advise my friends *against* inviting me to help them if they actually want whatever it is to get done. XP
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Sounds like it's time for bearded prostitutes and lots of hard liquor.
  • RnRClownRnRClown Member Posts: 182
    I have the week off work next week. Monday through to Sunday! I am planning a lot of Baldur's Gate around select days where the wife and I shall dine at a restaurant, or take a day trip, etc. It's important to accumulate those brownie points so the time spent gaming is properly enjoyable, ie: knowing it's well earned, and endorsed by the significant other.

Perhaps dedicate a set amount of time each day of this weekend to organizing the garage, if no friends are up for the quest, and be sensible when moving heavy objects. I almost took on more than I could handle when moving an old cabinet into the attic. I only realized that when I was already half way up the ladder, as it got more awkward. I achieved my goal in the end, although my back felt a lot worse for wear.

A happy wife leads to a happy home, leads to happy gaming!
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    Or as I like to say, happy wife, happy life. :)