Skip to content

Uh-oh! I lost my save files!!!

It's not because of the patch, either. Yesterday, when I tried to log into my computer, my coumpter wouldn't let me log in, I kept getting logged out automatically. When I rebooted my computer, I got the shock of my life. Everything is erased! My pictures, videos, shortcuts to my Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 games, the shortcut to the Neverwinter MMORPG, my Beamdog Client shortcut, and not only that, my Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition save files too! I have to play the game over from scratch before November 15th before I can try to import! Man, this is the worst day of my life... I do NOT want to battle Sarevok all over again!

Comments

• SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    If you remember the exact state your character was in you can rebuild him using Shadow Keeper, along with all the equipment you had.
    It doesn't matter what quests you did and how you did them, those variables won't be imported into BG2:EE anyway.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    oh noes... you have to replay Baldur's Gate. Oh the humanity.

Perhaps a virus scan is also in order.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    @BladeDancer

I don't want to give you false hope, but there is a chance that your documents may not be gone, unless @deltago is right and it was a virus.

If there are no viruses and your user account got corrupted because of a Windows problem (it may happens for instance if Windows crashes during shutdown), you may try looking under C:\Documents and Setting (for XP) or C:\Users (for Vista and 7). If you see two user accounts, the old one with your username and a new one with a similar but slightly different name, you'll be able to simply copy documents from the old one to the new one.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    @BladeDancer Did you have a message telling you about a temporary user account? It happened to me once. After searching the net from another computer, I tried the proposed solution: reboot. And it was enough to recover the original account.
    That same day I decided to create a secondary administrative account, in case I have to do what @Erg explained.

If the message you get is different, make an internet search with the message text. You should get good feedback and solutions, unless it's a very peculiar issue.