Skip to content

Black Lily

Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
edited February 2013 in Fixed
There apparently is honour among thieves because Black Lily, the Shadow Thief merchant, refuses to deal in stolen goods. I don't know whether this is a bug as such but it does seem inconsistent.

CURRENT BEHAVIOUR: Black Lily, the merchant in the Thieves' Guild in Baldur's Gate, refuses to buy stolen goods.

DESIRED BEHAVIOUR: Black Lily should be prepared to buy goods stolen from other stores in the game.

Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• BoasterBoaster Member Posts: 622
    Isn't she also in BG2, or am I thinking of a different female thief that deals in fenced goods?
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I know the one you mean but I don't think she's called Black Lily. I'll probably be playing tonight so I will call in and see her and find out her name (and if she wants to buy some dodgy armour, no questions asked).
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Well I went to pay her a call last night and it isn't Black Lily; she's just called Black Market Thief, which is a bit dull. It would be nice if it was Black Lily and she had been transferred to the Athkatla chapter of the Shadow Thieves.

I'm afraid I can't tell you whether she will buy stolen goods because every time I tried yo steal something I got caught. Either I am a lousy shoplifter or stealing is much harder in SoA than it was in BG.
  • DiscoCatDiscoCat Member Posts: 73
    edited August 2012
    I should advise the BGEE team that if they want to make this change, they should also make it impossible to steal from Black Lily's shop. The same should also be done with all the BG2 fences' stores (when/if it comes down to this). This is to prevent the exploit whereby players sell and steal stuff from these fences over and over to generate unlimited cash.

It would kinda make sense too; it's not easy to steal from an experienced thief who knows all the shoplifting tricks.