Skip to content

Black Isle Studios

RyshardRyshard Member Posts: 51
Hi,

So I decided to google Black Isle Studios. I knew that their website was down years ago shortly after they were shut down, not long after NVN I think it was. I never understood why they closed after the enormous success of Baldur's Gate.

Anyways their website is back up and it looks like they're planning on creating another post-apocolyptic RPG!

Just thought I'd share as nice bit of info. This might be old news to some people like as it must have started last year and they are still looking for funding but thought some people may find it interesting.

:)

Mrpenfold666

Comments

• zerckanzerckan Member Posts: 178
    Just watched their video and all i can say is, they are like pathetic pack of peripatetics.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I don't really think the name has any meaning any more.
    I suspect the number of staff who worked on bg et al who now work for this 'black isle studio' is minimal if indeed any at all.
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    Didn't most of Black Isle Studios goto make Obsidian Entertainment?
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Old news. They have been planning this for years.
    Ryshard said:

Hi,

So I decided to google Black Isle Studios. I knew that their website was down years ago shortly after they were shut down, not long after NVN I think it was. I never understood why they closed after the enormous success of Baldur's Gate.

Anyways their website is back up and it looks like they're planning on creating another post-apocolyptic RPG!

Just thought I'd share as nice bit of info. This might be old news to some people like as it must have started last year and they are still looking for funding but thought some people may find it interesting.

:)

• ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    Kaltzor said:

yes and they are the ones working on project eternity so that is where we should be putting our trust. this is probably Atari all over again, use the name to keep the fanbase. I could even say it is Bioware now that EA has taken over and the doctors left.
    A couple of the top BIS honchos made Obsidian and a lot of the former BIS employees went there.
    Kaltzor said:

Also some of the top people who made Fallout started their own company called Troika which is now gone.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    When the Kickstarter craze hit last year, they started their own fundraiser...to raise money to start a fundraiser...to start a post apocalyptic MMO.

It's not Black Isle. As mentioned, those people went to (dearly departed) Troika and Obsidian. They're cashing in on the name of a company and the promise of a Fallout that's not going to be Fallout.

Ignore them at all cost.
  • RyshardRyshard Member Posts: 51
    Ye I just watched that video and it's really embarrassing and I think you are all correct that they are just trying to cash in on the name
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I don't really think that anything they do produce should just be discounted. They should be judged on their own merits.
    To be honest, the fact that no one is buying in to the whole black isle thing is probably good for them in the long term otherwise expectations would be much higher than they are.