Skip to content

Importing BG1EE into BG2EE...Am I the only one who wants to import everything i horded?

Pretty much says it in the title, but something about BG2 I always hated, was having to dick about with multiplayer mode to import all of my horded stuff from BG1.
Now, I appreciate some folks prefer it this way, but I don't, so im kinda praying we at least have the OPTION to import it all, or at least, have it dumped in the table in room one :)
Gold too, but..I can live without that if I must.

Anyone agree? Disagree? I mean I have imported it all in many times in the past, its hardly a "game breaker", I just like the continuity.

Comments

• SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    Importing is like death, you can't take it with you.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Ideally I'd like to see the better items from BG1 scattered throughout the BG2 gameworld, going by the idea that Irenicus sold them and the notion of powerful items gravitating towards powerful beings. This mod lets you import a bunch of useful BG1 items and put them either in Irenicus's dungeon or with Mencar Pebblecrusher's party, which comes at least somewhat close.
  • KennisKennis Member Posts: 124
    Totally agree. Some way, even quest related to get mah loot.
  • VaxalonVaxalon Member Posts: 25
    ta for the mod link, but not really what I had in mind here...in short..i want to keep the stuff I earned :)
  • SpungiSpungi Member Posts: 219
    That's quite easy to do :D ... Unless they fix it.
    When you start the game, as soon as the screen turns black hit "SPACE" to pause the game, cause at that point you still have all the items on your, you see ... When the character moans / screams W/E is the point where all items are lost.
    BUT! If you pause, you can access inventory, and drop all your items on the ground, which then means that there's no items to get destroyed... So when Irenicus is done with his little chat, and Imoen has been around to get you up and going, you can just loot everything again :) Nice and easy!
  • DetroitRedWings25DetroitRedWings25 Member Posts: 244
    Actually assuming nothing is Changed in the Original Baldurs Gate II you could easily transition your loot from BG1 to BG2, the only thing you had to do was once you started up when the screen is pitch back before it fades into Irenicus torturing you, hit spacebar! it pauses the game and sure enough every single piece of loot is right there in your inventory, just drop it all to the ground, because once irenicus begins talking to you, it triggers all the items to be deleted. But if you drop them before he speaks, fair game! just pick it all up once he stops yapping... granted its limited to your inventory space you can still fit plenty of fantastic items in there.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438

Actually assuming nothing is Changed in the Original Baldurs Gate II you could easily transition your loot from BG1 to BG2, the only thing you had to do was once you started up when the screen is pitch back before it fades into Irenicus torturing you, hit spacebar! it pauses the game and sure enough every single piece of loot is right there in your inventory, just drop it all to the ground, because once irenicus begins talking to you, it triggers all the items to be deleted. But if you drop them before he speaks, fair game! just pick it all up once he stops yapping... granted its limited to your inventory space you can still fit plenty of fantastic items in there.

• RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    I too wouldn't have minded more of our gear to have been transferable between BG1 & BG2, but a lot of that stuff would have been too powerful to have that soon. It would have unbalanced things. Though I don't see why they couldn't have just had less powerful versions of some of those items spawn in Irenicus' dungeon instead.
  • SkagnetiSkagneti Member Posts: 31

Devs have stated they are removing that...

• KriegerKrieger Member Posts: 40
    Last I checked, that's exactly what happened. I found the Amulet of Metaspell Influence, a chain mail +2, Helm of Balduran and several other items I'd brought with me in Irenicus' dungeon. Not to mention that nearly all the cool items from BG1 showed up sooner or later in BG2 anyway.
    I imagine it's still possible to console it in or use EEKeeper if you really want those items again.
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419

Wow! It's almost as if this EXACT method was described three posts above you!

Red Wings fans...sheesh.
    edited November 2013
    i actually posted it from memory before reading the post b

Wow! It's almost as if this EXACT method was described three posts above you!

Red Wings fans...sheesh.
    I actually posted that before i read the post a couple before mine... imagine that 2 people both remembering a common glitch! how crazy is that when 100s of thousands probably used it!... wow...

Post edited by DetroitRedWings25 on
    Skagneti said:

Devs have stated they are removing that...

Really? thats a shame, only item ill really miss is Baldurans cloak and the 2 extra pairs of boots of speed, but still sad :(

• VaxalonVaxalon Member Posts: 25
    and..yes folks, I knew about THAT glitch, to the point where THAT glitch was removed, even in the original BG2 :)
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    If you had all your items wherein would be the struggle to attain new stuff? You'd also simply steamroll over everything and not really need to buy anything - or if you do you could simply sell all your stuff for a ton of gold.

Fresh start for a fresh game. If you want your stuff back then edit the game to do so.
  • SpungiSpungi Member Posts: 219
    Ah .. Oh well, guess it's back to the multiplayer thingy.

But agree with many others, I'm going to start over fresh aswell... Although that ring from BG:EE that makes you immune to more or less every form of CC, but also haste, and a pair of boots of speed would be nice :P
  • KennisKennis Member Posts: 124
    Even if I had my old stuff, I'd do all the quests - I'm evil and greedy. :)
  • RyshardRyshard Member Posts: 51
    I disagree.

You start BG2 in an unknown area in a prison. Your items surely would have been taken from you.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    etagloc said:

Story wise it wouldn't make any sense if you still had your items.

And the gold was used for golem butlers and nymph hoes.

You mean golem hoes and nymph butlers right? :)
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Messi said:

etagloc said:

Story wise it wouldn't make any sense if you still had your items.

And the gold was used for golem butlers and nymph hoes.

You mean golem hoes and nymph butlers right? :)
    the master is intruding on the complex

To be honest I don't see why exploits like that couldn't simply be left alone. I mean it just seems like it's up to the player if they wish to use it or not and it doesn't seem to otherwise break the game (aside from balancing issues of course). I mean if it's a single player game and some people wish to use it then what's the big deal?
  • HandofTyrHandofTyr Member Posts: 106
    It's not even much of a balance issue. With a couple of exceptions, the items you take along from bg1 will be outclassed shortly by BG2 loot. Of course, this could be taken to support either side of the argument. If you get better items shortly, it doesn't really matter if you can import gear, but if you can't you would have replaced those items in not too long anyway.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    That's why they made saved game editors. I'll take my phat l00t one way or another with me.
  • DrEastDrEast Member Posts: 113
    IIRC, the golden pantaloons end up in one of Irenicus's closets if you have them on CHARNAME during the import. Is that still true? (Has to be some way to get 'em in to BG2.)
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    I personally don't see the need to have all of your old stuff. You pretty quickly get much better stuff than you would have had. It therefore really doesn't serve to make you more powerful. And considering getting to a certain amount of gold is a plot device, allowing players to start out with a bunch (potentially) really hurts that story element. Sure you may go after more (I always do), but if you started out with multiples of the amount needed, you wouldn't feel the need and desperation that the story tellers are attempting to instill.

All in my personal opinion. Enjoy what you find. Don't stress about the stuff you lost.