Skip to content

Question about romance implemention to BG2

in the older BG they didnt have this option but does anyone have any clue as to how they going to implement the romance of neera dorn and rasaad to BG2, will there maybe be some kind of flag turned on in BG1 and when you import your character to BG2 it will read the flag is on and continue the romance or will they just have some kind of special chat option when they meet them first time in BG2 that will let you continue the romance?

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    No flags are moved with the import, the romances in BG2 start the same regardless of what you did in BG1.
  • LokisamaLokisama Member Posts: 9
    Shin said:

No flags are moved with the import, the romances in BG2 start the same regardless of what you did in BG1.

that's kinda shame wish some of the choices would affect in BG2
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    You're basically starting fresh with those characters in BG2:EE. I imagine though that you may have dialogue options similar to other characters you encountered in vanilla BG1 that appeared again in vanilla BG2 where you can say "didn't we..." etc.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    I kind of wish that they kept romance out of it in BG1 for the new party members. That way there would just be an assumption in BG2. I didn't romance Neera so now if I get her then apparently I would have romanced her I guess, unless beamdog did something for us in the way of dialogue. There might be a starting path where you are already romantic with her and one where you are friends for all I know. At least I hope they do that, but then I hope that just friends could also start the romance within BG2.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    My guess is that you'll have an introductory dialogue that sets the tone of the relationship when you first meet them - anything ranging from "Who are you?" to "Hello again, my love" or something like that.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    shawne said:

"Hello again, my love" or something like that.

I'm picturing Neera staring at CHARNAME blankly and going, "Uh-huh. Okay.".
    And Dorn being like, "Hmm, they're carrying Simeon's sword... Yeah. Hey, heart-throb. :/ What do you want?".
    Rasaad, I would just sing "Best Friend". I mean he already looks sort of like the dude from Toy-Box...
  • csuzwcsuzw Member Posts: 48
    According to Kaeloree (apparently BG2:EE developer) on reddit, there will be import of romance flags of some kind that will add some extra dialogue.