Skip to content

Chaotic alignment bug ?

EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
" CHAOTIC NEUTRAL: Chaotic neutral characters believe that there is no order to anything, including their own actions. With this as a guiding principle, they tend to follow whatever whim strikes them at the moment. Good and evil are irrelevant when making a decision. Chaotic neutral characters are extremely difficult to deal with. Such characters have been known to cheerfully and for no apparent purpose gamble away everything they have on the roll of a single die. They are almost totally unreliable. In fact, the only reliable thing about them is that they cannot be relied upon! This alignment is perhaps the most difficult to play. Lunatics and madmen tend toward chaotic neutral behavior. "

Despite what has been said above, chaotic neutral CHARNAME (I could understand it for neutral, but even chaotic neutral?) cant made "vicious" decisions (such as handover dragon eggs to demon) which can do evil alignments.

I do not know if it's a bug, or is it done intentionally.

If it is a bug, it should be corrected.
If it is intentional, as well it should be corrected.

What is the point to be unpredictable lunatics and madmen, If I am forced to walk path of good in game conversations?

Comments

• TiaxxxTiaxxx Member Posts: 15
    I have to agree.
    The forces of chaos would not be limited in decision-making.
  • WorgWorg Member Posts: 170
    Hmmm? I dont remember alignment ever having any effect on dialogue.
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    edited November 2013
    @Worg
    1) If you are evil, Drizzt can attack you in BG2.
    2) If you are evil, priestess in BG2:ToB will dont want to give you key to the sewers.
    3) If you aren't evil, you cant handover dragon eggs to demon.
    4) If you are evil, it can mess up Jaheira romance.
    5) If you are evil, you can get alternative option to finish quest with druid grove.
    6) If you are evil, you can betray Garren Windspear and ally with Firkraag.

Certainly there are even more then I remembered from memory.
    Post edited by Edvin on
  • NefariusNefarius Member Posts: 13
    edited November 2013
    Good/Evil alignment make sence.
    It does not affect only dialogue, but also the use few useful items.

If I remember correctly "BG 2 Tweaks" already solved this alignment problem.
    Also be wondering if solution this "alignment bug" will be implemented in BG2:EE.

Can you comment it @Dee ?
    Nefarius said:

Can you comment it @Dee ?

First call @kamuizin , with his rich English look everything better and is it easier to defend: D

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    'Bout chaos, just join the Xaonsitects (Chaosmen :P) or just give Arioch a call (Lord of Chaos :P).
    And I agree, CN should have any single Evil Dialog Option (and all the Good, too :D), but not Evil Triggers (e.g. Priestess in ToB don't giving the key, etc).
    @CrevsDaak
    Exactly!
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Edvin said:

@CrevsDaak
    Exactly!

But it will need some coding, mainly creating new CN-Only Dialog-Options to be selected, just only for CN characters. More than coding, new dialog.tlk entries. It will be a nice improvement for BG2:EE.
    I'm playing BG2:ToB with a CN now :D and I'm going to turn him NE in Hell.
  • ShevandraShevandra Member Posts: 6
    Let us hope that someone fix that in BG2:EE.
    CN was always unpredictable...