Skip to content

Why didnt i get any XP for killing thieves guild?

tyrannicaltyrannical Member Posts: 19
edited October 2013 in New Players (NO SPOILERS!)
I was snooping in houses with my rouge when i came across the thieves guild. as a paladin i decided to not join and have them attack me. i lured them out onto the street with my rouge then killed them but i got no XP? Thanks in advance.

so i went back in to finish of the mage and got a healthy 4k xp, but none from alatos or the nameless"rouge" i lured on the street

Comments

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Because sticks of Rouge... Although red is a great colour and a fantastic colour for a blusher, do not normally give you xp for 'using' them... If so my wife would be a level 40 by now...

If your on about Rogues... Well... Why the hell did you kill the Rogues! What have they done to you!

On the other hand... It may be a bug. The old game has quite few. The new spanking BGIIEE will have fewer...
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    yeah, in vanilla they didn't offer xp either, not like they are particularly difficult anyway, and the reason why the mage is worth 4000 xp is well, there is something going on with him......
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    Slaughtering people on the street doesn't sound very lawful. Didn't you try calling the guard on them?
  • Time4TiddyTime4Tiddy Member Posts: 262
    Being a thieves' guild doesn't make them evil. You said yourself you have a "rouge" in your party. What if they were a bunch of chaotic good, neutral good, and true neutral folk and you lured them all out and slaughtered them? Would you have done the same to the merchants' guild simply because some merchants are shysters? It seems unlikely that a Paladin (at least the 2e version) would randomly slaughter a group of thieves simply for being thieves.

You've also missed out on several quests and a great merchant now.
  • tyrannicaltyrannical Member Posts: 19
    they offered to have me join the thieves guild or be killed. I saw little choice. rouges don't need to steal so I I figure it went well with my little story