Skip to content

Crash upon entering Bridge area right outside Baldur's Gate

StoneSwordsStoneSwords Member Posts: 180
edited November 2013 in Windows PC (Archive)
Everytime I attempt to enter the bridge area outside Baldur's Gate, my game just stalls for a second and crashes. It makes some kind of dump file in the crash folder which I'll attach to this post. Now I've heard of people having problems and crashes upon transitioning before and was hoping this will be a quick and easy fix and I can continue on with my game. Just because I was curious, I tried using the CLUA Console to teleport myself to the area, same crash. Next I tried using CLUA to put myself inside Tenya's house (which is on that map) and the game worked fine while I was inside the house, but the moment I set foot into the outside area, same crash. I have started a help ticket for this through Beamdog support also. Hope the info I've provided will help figure this out. So anyone know what the problem could be? @Dee or any other Mod or Dev know what's going on?
Post edited by StoneSwords on

Comments

• IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    Did you try to repair your installation in case the file containing the area data is corrupt? In Baldur's Gate years, the typical FAQ answer for such a case was to reinstall and many people actually solved similar problems this way.
  • StoneSwordsStoneSwords Member Posts: 180
    Yeah, I realize that, I was just hoping not to have to reinstall since I have a game in progress with mods atm, But if that's the answer, then guess I'll just start over and try to finish before the weekend so I can jump into BG2:EE this weekend with my imported save. Thanks for the reply though