Skip to content

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition playthrough begins, using same character as the first playthrough

ManchildKartManchildKart Member Posts: 208
I'm so excited, BG2 is solidly in my top 3 games of all time and so far it seems like the changes have improved quite a bit! You might have crossed paths with my playthrough of Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition which I started last year, when I was just starting out on YouTube, so I hope you'll appreciate the improvement in quality since then!

Using the same bg2tweaks as before, will be exploring all of the new content, and my main character is a Kensai soon to be Kensai/Mage.

More videos coming today for a total of 4, any questions or feedback is appreciated! Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqk6JMv4Anw&list=PLdeWZilAwE9B1t3DVj3sqg_qXS1g72cci

For the curious, here's the Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition playlist that started last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZO6-awAu6o&list=SPdeWZilAwE9CgEVOfpj1gJWTnqMEgKBg6
Post edited by Cuv on

Comments

• etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    edited November 2013
    how can you play bg2 ee?, when its not the 15'th?

is this really EE. All the foot circles are white
  • ManchildKartManchildKart Member Posts: 208
    etagloc said:

I was lucky enough to get a press copy ahead of official launch.
    The circles are indeed white, and it is indeed the Enhanced Edition.
  • HeasHeas Member Posts: 54
    @ManchildKart
    I am not jealous of you at all right now.. Not even one bit, Nope.. Not at all.. Just plain normal envy levels at the moment..
    Heas said:

@ManchildKart
    I am not jealous of you at all right now.. Not even one bit, Nope.. Not at all.. Just plain normal envy levels at the moment..

Soon, my friend, soon!
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349

etagloc said:

oh nice.. how much of the game are you allowed to show?
  • HeasHeas Member Posts: 54
    @ManchildKart
    Here's a request then, play the game on Twitch..

And send us a link to it?
    etagloc said:

etagloc said:

oh nice.. how much of the game are you allowed to show?
    No restrictions as of today, I'll try to give people a look at Hexxat for sure before launch.

• badbromancebadbromance Member Posts: 238
    The opening for SOA creeped me out so much as a kid!
    Good times, cant wait for this!
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    *covers eyes and ears* Dont wanna see anything before friday!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited November 2013
    Hey, everyone!

IT'S AMAZING! We can already watch BG2:EE playthrough! Everyone, just everyone on this forum and in the universe MUST see it NOW.

@ManchildKart , I love you!

It's unbelievable, not 15th of November yet but new enhanced UI of BG2:EE is available to be seen already!

I'll try to give people a look at Hexxat for sure before launch.

Ahrrr! You've just made me MAD! I'm already on your youtube channel having watched the 2nd part and waiting - waiting - WAITING - for the next parts, especially with new NPCs.

EDIT: seriously, you'll miss not seeing these videos when (if) the Moderator deletes this thread.

EDIT2: I like the starting screen and the cinematics looks great. Also you can see the transparency of the UI is a little bit modified (if compared to the 1.2 patch) so that the text is seen better. Like the changes. And then of course, the brown color are good, from my POV, better than the blue ones from BG1:EE.
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
  • HelminoHelmino Member Posts: 106
    So curious about class and kits, hoping for some tweaks. Looking forward for other videos!
    edited November 2013
    bengoshi said:

Ahrrr! You've just made me MAD! I'm already on your youtube channel having watched the 2nd part and waiting - waiting - WAITING - for the next parts, especially with new NPCs.

Insatiable, I like it!

Part 3 is now up, with Part 4 coming soon, then I'm filming more today for release tonight/tomorrow.
  • Starflower2525Starflower2525 Member Posts: 44
    I'm enjoying watching your videos

I'm enjoying watching your videos

Thanks! I enjoy making them!
  • Stargazer5781Stargazer5781 Member Posts: 183
    I'm kind of hating Irenicus' dungeon even more than usual right now. MOAR UPLOADZ PLZ! :)
  • magpiemagpie Member Posts: 79
    JUST GET TO HEXXAT AND HER CHARACTER SHEET

(Also, any tweaks to HLA's/Spells/Class abilities you're aware of? That's one of the things I'm most curious about)
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    *Avoids thread for foreseeable future*
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited November 2013
    I've edited a previous post a bit to reflect the main new features of BG2:EE I've seen in these videos.

The Devs keep playing with us giving us the artwork of Hexxat instead of her portrait at one of the starting screens while there're normal portraits of Dorn, Neera and Rasaad at the same screen. Interesting, most interesting!

Maybe she'll even swap portraits during her quest?

Also it's worth to mention there seems to be original voicesets at the character creation stage. It's hard to tell though, taking into account the amount of time the screen with the voicesets takes in the video.

Love the fact now there's no memorize tab (write spell button) if the spell is already in your spellbook. Also, the experience you get from scribing spells and opening locks/disarming traps is like it was in BG2, so you can erase already known spells, memorize them again (when available) and get much XP already in the starting dungeon.

Moreover, it's now confirmed that while the XP cap for BG:EE was 161000, the experience you get after reaching this cap in BG:EE is saved and if, for i.e. you got another 39000, you start BG2:EE with 200000.

Although somebody would say it's no surprising, I'll still (just to give a proof) mention this here: you start your journey in the dungeon without new NPCs, as usual having only Minsk, Jaheira and Imoen (later Yoshimo as well) to make your party-members.

The items transferred to BG2:EE are the same as it was in BG2: pantalons, Balduran's Helm (a general rule), Mail of the Dead (a general rule). We are still to find out (possibly in the 4th video) if there's Sarevok's sword as well.
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
  • AramintaiAramintai Member Posts: 232
    What the...why are there BG1 paperdolls and not BGII ones?
    I had hoped they would be changed as it was in vanilla :(
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    edited November 2013
    @Aramintai
    I like the BG1 paperdolls far more than the BG2 paperdolls anyways, and I'm sure several people will agree, especially since BG1 paper dolls are actual pictures of the doll in the inventory screen, and it shows the armor and stuff you are wearing, instead of those ugly blotchy things which were in BG2.
    @ GemHound
    I don't know about other people but I like elf paperdolls of all classes in BGII much more than BGI, especially armor. Someone should make a poll which ones are better.
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    @Aramintai
    Compare Dwarves, Halflings, and Gnomes between the two. I didn't really like the Human or Elven inventory images either. I'll throw up a poll to see which was better.
    @GemHound
    Ok, great, do so. I don't think there was a poll about this.
    Part 4 is up, finally reach the surface!
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    ... and you're back :)
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    edited November 2013
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    No spoilers. Muhahahahahaha....ahahahahaha...AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Aaaand we're back!