Skip to content

Need help with Durlogs tower depths

Im playing a shadowdancer and i have 60 find traps and been using potions of perception but im down to my last one and ive ran everywhere i can think of except baldurs gate....any advice welcomed.

Comments

• CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    What level are you? If you're not yet level 10 then questing elsewhere until you level up and gain some find traps could be a solution. Durlag's Tower won't be going anywhere.

You could always just take the hits from the traps. You get enough potions that this might be viable, doubly so with a decent cleric on board. You could equally use a protected mage to spring them.

From what I remember there are no unavoidable instant death traps in Durlags, so the above may work. Slow going, and a lot of potions, but possible.
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    Look up, in the sky! It's Captain Hindsight! "You should have put more points into find traps."
  • qwert_44643qwert_44643 Member Posts: 311
    Sceptenar said:

Look up, in the sky! It's Captain Hindsight! "You should have put more points into find traps."

Im a shadow dancer and i wanted him to be good at shadow dancing....

• qwert_44643qwert_44643 Member Posts: 311
    Corvino said:

What level are you? If you're not yet level 10 then questing elsewhere until you level up and gain some find traps could be a solution. Durlag's Tower won't be going anywhere.

You could always just take the hits from the traps. You get enough potions that this might be viable, doubly so with a decent cleric on board. You could equally use a protected mage to spring them.

From what I remember there are no unavoidable instant death traps in Durlags, so the above may work. Slow going, and a lot of potions, but possible.

Im level 8...someone told me to go to durlogs tower round level 7....quess i should be level 10ish huh?

• CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Thieves level up a lot quicker than most party members. I usually only gain about 1 level in Durlag's Tower before hitting the level cap. I'd recommend that your fighters, mages and clerics are level 7 when you start, which means your thief will be about 9.

There's no shame in taking a pause if you're having problems. Durlag's Tower is usually the last bit of the game I complete before heading to the Undercity. If you've not completed Shandalar's Island or the quest for Mendas in Ulgoth's Beard then they might well give you a couple of levels to catch up your find traps.

One trick you could use in the short term is using Draw upon Holy Might (special Bhaalspawn ability) on your shadowdancer if you can. The temporary Dexterity buff should add 5-10% to your find traps for the duration (I forget if you get +1 or +2 Dex).
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    Yeah, Durlag's tower is BEAST. It will rip you apart, but I remember my very first play through of Baldur's Gate (was the tutu modded version), and I couldn't do Durlag's Tower my first playthrough. So I just ended up skipping it. But I can tell you right now it was a mistake.

You end up going through some really cool areas that are very suspenseful although at the end of it you feel very powerful because you'll probably reach the level cap.