Skip to content

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition is coming to Mac & PC on November 15th

Comments

• MermidionMermidion Member Posts: 69
    @ Sceptenar
    hmmmmm nope.still says 1 day and 13 hours on my steam shop site.so it would still be tomorrow around 9 PM . And still no Pre-load.
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    edited November 2013
    Mermidion said:

@ Sceptenar
    hmmmmm nope.still says 1 day and 13 hours on my steam shop site.so it would still be tomorrow around 9 PM . And still no Pre-load.

This timer is the one I was talking about:

http://www.baldursgateii.com/

I assume this is for those who bought through Beamdog directly, Steam might be on it's own schedule. I'll be thinking of you when I play my game tonight... (I won't be thinking about you)
    Well arent you a nice guy.
    Mermidion said:

Well arent you a nice guy.

Well you gotta support the team and buy through Beamdog so Steam doens't take most of their money. And as a bonus, we get bitter steam tears.
  • ZeratulZeratul Member Posts: 575
    Only 14 hours left? Wuuuut? Tomorrow will be a glorious day!
    Sceptenar said:

Well you gotta support the team and buy through Beamdog so Steam doens't take most of their money. And as a bonus, we get bitter steam tears.

Okay three tings:
    first: Steam was cheaper.not much mind you and it was not so important for me,but it still was.

Second: I have nether a Credit Card nor do i have Paypal. what i did have was steam which lets you make practical purchases with Paysafe cards which you can get at any bigger gas station.

Third: I am not in the mood for yet another client on my PC. Already have to put up with origin and Uplay cause its a must for some games. so when i see a game on steam,a client which i already have, i prefer to get it.
    Beamdog wouldn't even have put it there if it weren'T meant to be bought there,so your "support the Team" line is invalid.

So you wanna feel so highly cause you bought something from the developers site dierectly? please be my guest .just wanted you to know that there are acutal reasons why people buy it on steam
    Mermidion said:

Sceptenar said:

Okay three tings:
    first: Steam was cheaper.not much mind you and it was not so important for me,but it still was.

Second: I have nether a Credit Card nor do i have Paypal. what i did have was steam which lets you make practical purchases with Paysafe cards which you can get at any bigger gas station.

Third: I am not in the mood for yet another client on my PC. Already have to put up with origin and Uplay cause its a must for some games. so when i see a game on steam,a client which i already have, i prefer to get it.
    Beamdog wouldn't even have put it there if it weren'T meant to be bought there,so your "support the Team" line is invalid.

So you wanna feel so highly cause you bought something from the developers site dierectly? please be my guest .just wanted you to know that there are acutal reasons why people buy it on steam
    You don't need to use the Beamdog client, you can just use a stand alone installer (like I do), and it's Atari running the Steam part of the operation, not Beamdog. So support the team, buy direct!
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    edited November 2013
    @Mermidion I empathize, but regarding your third point: the Beamdog version of the game does not require a client to be installed on your computer. There's a standalone installer which sets up a DRM-free copy of the game.

Also, Beamdog did not put BG:EE on Steam, Atari did. Beamdog had no say in it.

Edit: oops, ninja'd.
  • AeschylusAeschylus Member Posts: 57
    Any news if steam users will get it sooner tomorrow or have to wait an extra day?
    @ Aduk .
    Still like i said.Paysafe cards were an easier way since i got no credit card or Paypal. And i already made my decisions days ago so even if i would want to i could not change it now anyway.
    And buying an extra copy from beamdog now would be highly Redundant.

After all it was my choice alone to make and i made it. so i see no point why i should be talked down from people who choose otherwise.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    @Mermidion Wasn't my intention to talk down to you, I just wanted to give my input on one of your points. As I said, I empathize.
  • callimachuscallimachus Member Posts: 86
    May I offer just a tiny criticism of the BG2EE Launcher? The link to the forum is in pale yellow on a glowing white-green background, so the letters are barely legible. You might want to change the colouring a bit.
    @ Adul .
    Oh sorry.didn't mean you specificly just some people in general.
  • IdahoIdaho Member Posts: 608
    So stand-alone installer will be after release? Not cool to force preloaders into beamdog client, what we use only for BG2 and then uninstall
  • KharadorKharador Member Posts: 215
    Seriously ANYONE knows in which languages will be released BG:EE2?
    I knew that Beamdog wasn't very serious but this is a f****** shame...
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited November 2013
    @Idaho the stand-alone installer is now available on the beamdog website without using the beamdog client.
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    Cerevant said:
    You guys REALLY want me to call in sick on Friday, don't you? :)
  • KefkaKefka Member Posts: 46
    The manuals say Dorn and Neera are optional DLC. Will they have to be purchased separately? (PC version)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Kharador said:

At launch, it will be English-only.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Now it says about 10 hours. Which is tonight! I LOVE YOU GUYS <3<3<3
  • iassoniasson Member Posts: 101
    Maybe they wanna make up to us for delaying BG:EE! :)
  • jamessh1jamessh1 Member Posts: 7
    iOS release update????
  • MoonbloodMoonblood Member Posts: 26
    Kharador said:

If i knew the game is English only, I never pre purchase it. It's impossible to play a game with amounts of text that not are in my language.

Also i bought BG:EE for iPad about one year ago and still not translated. The fucking same again

• GeLLieGeLLie Member Posts: 22
    edited November 2013
    eh?
    Said 2 hours+, 2 hours + ago. Now it changed to 24 hours...

Changed to just under 6 hours now, when I changed my clock..

http://imgur.com/KT2MRhF
  • iassoniasson Member Posts: 101
    edited November 2013
    Moonblood said:

Kharador said:

If i knew the game is English only, I never pre purchase it. It's impossible to play a game with amounts of text that not are in my language.

Also i bought BG:EE for iPad about one year ago and still not translated. The fucking same again

Mate i managed to play this game 12 years old with 0 english knowledge so it isnt that hard really.
    And since the translate part falls on community shoulders, i guess you pretty much could have guessed so...
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    8 hours left.
  • GiladGilad Member Posts: 38
    Mermidion said:

@ Aduk .
    Still like i said.Paysafe cards were an easier way since i got no credit card or Paypal. And i already made my decisions days ago so even if i would want to i could not change it now anyway.
    And buying an extra copy from beamdog now would be highly Redundant.

After all it was my choice alone to make and i made it. so i see no point why i should be talked down from people who choose otherwise.

That was exactly the reason I bought BGEE on steam and not beamdog and I plan to do the same with BG2EE. I do not have credit card nor paypal and I do not want them (call me conservative, but I still like using good old cash). Steam allows me to use the paysafecard, which I can buy in a shop next to my flat.
  • MythrialusMythrialus Member Posts: 137
    7 hrs...I can't decide if I want to play my Blackguard, my mage, or make a Fighter/Druid...choices, choices...
    I'm actually thinking Blackguard and hope there is a new stronghold for him. I mean...it's not like he is going to have the paladin stronghold...
    I suppose it could always just go De'Arnise stronghold...but I'm hoping for something different.
This discussion has been closed.