Skip to content

(November 11) New BGII:EE Media

2»

Comments

• O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I'm always happy when developers tease me with new screenshots. I must quickly finish my most recent playthrought, so that I could export my char to BGII:EE.
    Tieoken
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    I wasn't expecting the graphical improvements to be as noticeable - in addition to the increased fidelity, did you guys sneak in some contrast/saturation tweaks?

Looks great!
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    @PhillipDaigle I take it that doesn't mean that the original uncompressed renders for BG1 were eventually located by chance? One could hope...
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    No. They would have said otherwise.
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    @RedGuard Some details would still be nice, what led to the finding of the BG2 graphics/resource files but not the BG1 files? Were different companies responsible for each?
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    damn..i am sold already^; 'have been pre-ordering a few days ago anyway.. a kind of leap of faith without a functional launcher right now but... can' wait to see all that for real now (new chars end stories/places, new 'thief' storyline, new things here&there, enhanced filters (available originals), etc..).. crossing fingers *))
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    @Varwulf I don't really know much of the details as I haven't seen them say much more than they had much of the BG2 background renders if I recall correctly. They still don't have source files for BG2 either, it just seems they found a bit more of the assets than what they had for BG1.
    sunset00Starflower2525
  • nemiafalanemiafala Member Posts: 18
    @recklessheart I don't think that giving Dorn, Neera, or Rasaad new portraits for BG2:EE would show any lack of foresight. If you look at the dates in your journal, BG2 begins exactly a year after the start of BG1. In my opinion, new portraits would be a way to show the players that hey, you might have spent the last few months underground being tortured by Irenicus, but your old companions have been out doing things and changing with those experiences. Of course, that view doesn't really explain what happened to Jaheira's hair, but maybe elaborate/ridiculous hairstyles are in fashion in Amn or something.
    Kilivitzsunset00Starflower2525
  • TieokenTieoken Member Posts: 23
    I was debating taking a leave of absence to play through the game. No longer debating. These shots look killer, so many new areas too.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    like the music samples. first one of neera's i played was surprisingly really uptone. dang it neera please tell me you didn't burn down a village! neera 02 sounded like the romance track. i liked the hexxat music a lot.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    in the background toward the end of neera 02 it almost sounds like the Mass Effect 3 song during Shep's final speech. I may put a lot of hate on that game but I love it's music so that is a good thing to me :)
    sunset00
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    edited November 2013
    so trailer today ? Yess !
    Post edited by wojtek on
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    edited November 2013

nemiafala said:

Of course, that view doesn't really explain what happened to Jaheira's hair, but maybe elaborate/ridiculous hairstyles are in fashion in Amn or something.

D'awh! I still love Jaheira's BG2 portrait. One of my favourites. I much prefer it to her BG1 portrait - it has so much personality. No love for thw BG2 ladies' hairstyles? Anyone? No? D'awh. :P
    Actually, BG1 Jaheira portrait made kinda sense for a druid (close to mother Nature, wilderness, fierce, all that!^)..but makes me think almost immediately, now, in 2013, to the excellent Games Of throne feminine secondary heroin http://www.westeros.org/GoT/Characters/Entry/Osha / http://trevmurphy.com/tag/natalia-tena/ / http://www.everyjoe.com/2013/08/23/girls/natalia-tena-as-osha-game-of-thrones-hottest-girls/#6 .
    That one is a 'wildling' ..kinda matching the 'druid' part at least... :)

http://mikesrpgcenter.com/bgate/npcs.html
    http://mikesrpgcenter.com/bgate2/npcs.html
    Now.. i think Jaheira just found a (good?!) surgeon during that 1 year (or maybe courtesy of Irenicus too for some unspoken treatments too?!.. */ ), because not just the hair changed in her visage...that's sure too// ;)

The rest.. Neera/Dorn/Rasaad have already good portraits, that's true imo.. now, everything depends what they similarily did during those 12 months to have the 'good idea' to finish all 3(!) in Athkatla too (especially Neera..i'm curious..worst place to go freely for a wild mage with INT>16 imo..*)) )..willingly or not?.. maybe could be worth one or two changes/scares according to that..well, we will see anyway.. very soon now .. but apart that, yeah, enough dreadlocks, don't know what the new portraits designers also had with dreadlocks circa 2001, but i did not remember that was so popular too.. can't wait for a Dorn or rasaad with dreadlocks too...if must be 'baldurized2' the wrong way maybe.. *))

Post edited by sunset00 on
  • GoddardGoddard Member Posts: 134
    edited November 2013
    How long does it take to create one of those areas?

It would be cool to re-create some of these areas, but with 2k and 4k in mind. :D
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311

The second Hexxat image will show up in a very special scenario. I will not reveal what this scenario is, but only that it is guaranteed to happen.

so will it happen before premiere ? :)

RedGuard
This discussion has been closed.