Skip to content

Pre-Download

2»

Comments

• FouneFoune Member Posts: 53
    Anyone else's download going a bit slowly? I'm getting 100-200kb/s as of now, but I understand that Beamdog's servers can be quite busy right now.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Thanks Trent. A remaining 1gb is a pretty large chunk to still be downloaded.

I just downloaded the standalone installer and the durned thing just re-downloaded everything to a different location. Average speed of around 750kb which is leaps and bounds better than last time.
  • I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong area, but I don't see a specific BG2:EE forum section (in English, anyway). I got the pre-downloader working perfectly (awesome job), and was also able to download the manuals. However, I noticed that the manuals don't have any spell progression tables at all, and only have experience tables up to level 10. Was that intentional? While not a huge deal (I've still got my hardcopy manuals from the original SoA and ToB, yes I hoard gaming paraphernalia), they would be very helpful for a new or returning player looking to figure out good dual-classing points and so forth.

Looking forward to the game!
  • ghettohoodieghettohoodie Member Posts: 50
    @Dee I noticed the Baldur's Gate EE and Baldur's Gate 2 EE icons for the desktop are the same. Do you think the BG2EE icon will change? Perhaps in the near future?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I won't rule anything out, but for the moment that's what it'll be. I admit it's a little confusing.
  • MemmMemm Member Posts: 26
    @Dee I have tried logging in and out, and resetting the account details on the downloader, but the problem persists. Even after re-downloading the downloader and running it as administrator etc. I have not pre-purchased it, this is the CD-Key provided for me from winning those Fanart competitions, if that is relevant.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    That is relevant, thank you; we're looking into the problem.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Jalily said:

Also, how do I make the preload link to the manuals work? When I click on the link, nothing happens :p

http://www.baldursgateii.com/manuals.html
    Why did the tables stop at level 10??
    And it will launch on 14th where I live :D Lucky me :P
  • ghettohoodieghettohoodie Member Posts: 50
    @CrevsDaak lol ikr! I only have 3 more hours till its released for me and its only 4pm on the 14th!
    @ghettohoodie well, you're luckier, hope nobody casts a v1.2 Luck Spell on you :P
  • DinosgrDinosgr Member Posts: 2
    anyone gonna play live so we can watch ? :)
    Dinosgr said:

Man! I was going to ask the same! :P
  • DinosgrDinosgr Member Posts: 2
    CrevsDaak said:

Dinosgr said:

Man! I was going to ask the same! :P

:)