Skip to content

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition is coming to Mac & PC on November 15th

Comments

• PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    we need a "found issues" tab, first thing im seeing is no xp for writing scrolls... maybeh its just not popping up in the scrolling pane...
  • KefkaKefka Member Posts: 46
    My level 10 shadowdancer has x3 backstab. What's up with that?
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    The bar has been full for like half an hour and it's still downloading! I'm really starting to get itchy...
    Also, Minsc started with like 800.000 exp
    Chow said:

The bar has been full for like half an hour and it's still downloading! I'm really starting to get itchy...

might wanna restart. if its the client, log out, then back in. if its the stand alone downloader, close it then reopen the game. did the same to me on the stand alone. but i figured it out quickly enough.

• ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    Okay, now it works, and I've got a first bug.

Multiclass characters, such as Jaheira, should have their classes listed as (in her example) Fighter - Druid. Instead, it says Fighter/Druid - Fighter/Druid.
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    Is anyone else missing soundset MALE6?

Also, none of the portraits from the BG:EE portrait pack seem to be included in BG2:EE, which is kind of annoying when importing a character that used one of these portraits. Easy to work around of course, but still feels like an unnecessary annoyance. :)
    JuliusBorisov
    Scrolls give exp for me.
    Paulg
    Kefka said:

Scrolls give exp for me.

yea, same here, i had to leave the inventory page to see the change. so thats all good.

• Pluc082Pluc082 Member Posts: 80
    I love quick loot button!
  • cremnocremno Member Posts: 25
    The start of the game is bugged for me. The golem that you give the stone at the very beginning does not open up the doors, leaving me in an endless wait for nothing lol. In any case, hope this gets fixed soon.
    you could always pickpocket the key from that golem and open them yourself
  • MythrialusMythrialus Member Posts: 137
    I can't figure out how to import my save files from BG:EE...any help?
    withnail

I can't figure out how to import my save files from BG:EE...any help?

(at least for windows) go into "my computer" file, to wherever you have BG saved, search through the data for either a saved game or character export, then find the same files in BGII:EE wherever you have those saved, and copy and paste. a lil confusing if you havnt done it before, but it works.

I tried that...then I forgot about how Windows 7 keeps putting my save directory in a hidden folder. Got it working on!
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @cremno Can you give more precise steps so I can replicate your issue? If you could attempt to replicate it and provide steps, that would be an awesome help. :)
    JuliusBorisov
    LiamEsler said:

@cremno Can you give more precise steps so I can replicate your issue? If you could attempt to replicate it and provide steps, that would be an awesome help. :)

In Windows 7, my default install directory puts some of the files in the folder [Program Files (86x)] and some of them in a directory under My Documents BGII:EE folder. In order for my saves and portraits and other additions to be recognized, they have to be in the My documents folder; that is also where my saves from the game appear. So they have to go in the following directory: C:/Users/[username]/MyDocuments/Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition. I was trying to put my saves and portraits in the BGII:EE folder under the [Program Files (86x)] directory, but it didn't work. Could be unique to my comp, but it's working fine now.
  • H1gherReflexH1gherReflex Member Posts: 18
    Bar says 2.6 out of 2.6 gigs downloaded and is full, but it keeps downloading.
    LiamEsler said:

Another interesting thing happened. I tried to import my Final Save from BG:EE, and the ORIGINAL 'death' video from the FIRST edition of the game would play, and it said, "your character has died" and asked me to load a save game. So I tried to import a save just before the end of the game, and it imported without a problem.
    Hope that helps
  • ramireza2ramireza2 Member Posts: 5
    When will at least the german texts be available?
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    edited November 2013
    *** FOR ANYONE STUCK ON DOWNLOAD at 90%+ ***

If you are in the BeamDog Client launcher, click the little button on the right of the listing for the game (the one you clicked to start the download or to start a patch download). This will pause the download...you should see the download status go to Paused.

Wait for about a 10s count and then unpause the download, you'll see your download rate go back up from 0 and the patch should complete.

I've seen this happening in the launcher for both BG:EE and BGII:EE since I started beta. It's easily corrected with a pause and restart.

For those who've found bugs so far, there is already a Patch 1 in progress. No details on what would be in it, what will be fixed, etc...but a first patch is already being worked on.

*** IMPORTING Final BG:EE Save ***

The method I've used so far is

* Open Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition (Must do this first).
    * Start a new game and select one of the pre-created characters (this creates the BGII:EE Directory structure needed). You do not have to play anything, the starting auto-save will do what you need.
    * Exit BG2:EE
    * Go to your My Documents/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition folder
    * Go into the "Saves" folder.
    * Find a save called "00000002 - Final-Save" listed there. (NOTE: IT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE THIS SAVE)
    * Copy that saved game (right click / copy).
    * Navigate to the new My Documents / Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition folder
    * Navigate into the "saves" folder.
    * Paste the copied files from your BG:EE folder.
    * Start a new game, go to create a character and hit "import".
    * You should be presented with a list of saved games to import from.
    * Select the "00000002 - Final-Save" game listed and that should start you up with your BG:EE Ending Character.
  • MermidionMermidion Member Posts: 69
    Still have to wait 11 hours until it releases for me on steam.and still no Preload.

I don't care if it is Overhaul,Beamdog or Atari who manages the steam downloads now,who ever they are,they suck.
    But as long as i can get a download at 9PM i am ok ,since its a weekend and they will be still plenty of time to enjoy the game.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026

Bar says 2.6 out of 2.6 gigs downloaded and is full, but it keeps downloading.

Try to pause and resume the download. Happened to me too - kept hovering at ~98.9% and saying it will download for another 2 hours. I tried to pause and resume the download and it instantly finished.
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    Suggestion:
    Hotkey for opening the Quick Loot Bar?
    jackjack
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    edited November 2013
    I am not sure if it's the right place to post this, I guess there is still not a BGII EE : Suggestions thread.

Enjoying the game so far, there is a minor detail though, I have seen that you changed the color of the circle of your selected character, I think it's more confusing than anything, associating one character with one color is enough, But those colors changing aren't useful at all in my opinion it just makes me more confused and because of that I can't choose white or else I have 2 white circles everytime i choose one character that isn't the main character... Before it was all green and it was no problem, different colors is even better but constently switching as soon as you select one, it's not needed I think. Can we removed this? Or have an option about it? :P

edit : I know I am picky ^^
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @ifupauline

In baldur.ini, you should see a line that says this:
    	'Game Options',	'Color Circles',	'1',
    Change the '1' to a '0'.

Suggestions go here.
    ifupauline
  • zyxst2zyxst2 Member Posts: 5
    So, how do I play this game? All I get when I click on the icon is the pop-up screen telling me my download is complete. Do I need to keep waiting to see if I get a play icon to show up? Do I not have the actual game installed? I expected to have to wait - BGEE took a day before I could get the last file, but the pop-up showed me I could download more when the full game released.

I bought the game last night and did the pre-download with the launcher, which seemed to work fine. Do I need something else other than waiting 2 days?
  • ZifarilZifaril Member Posts: 4
    Is it just me, or has the option for custom portraits disappeared? I can't seem to find the button anywhere when selecting a portrait.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    zyxst2 said:

So, how do I play this game? All I get when I click on the icon is the pop-up screen telling me my download is complete. Do I need to keep waiting to see if I get a play icon to show up? Do I not have the actual game installed? I expected to have to wait - BGEE took a day before I could get the last file, but the pop-up showed me I could download more when the full game released.

I bought the game last night and did the pre-download with the launcher, which seemed to work fine. Do I need something else other than waiting 2 days?

Look for 783.beam and 783.status and delete them, then restart the installer.

Or you could just look for Baldur.exe (the game executable) and run it directly.
    Zifaril said:

Is it just me, or has the option for custom portraits disappeared? I can't seem to find the button anywhere when selecting a portrait.

You need portraits in your portraits folder first. Go to My Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition and make a Portraits folder, then add some BMPs.
This discussion has been closed.