Skip to content

Baldur`s gate MEME Thread * Spoilers all over the place*

Comments

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164

Southpaw said:

What's funny is the Fifth Element lady actually makes a convincing Imoen... o.o

Young Bruce Willis would make a dashing CHARNAME. Or Sarevok...
    Vin Diesel was clearly born to play Sarevok.
    Also Alyson Hannigan as Imoen and Liam Neeson as Gorion.
    If we're being serious, Alan Rickman for Xan (or Edward Norton, he would need less makeup to appear elven).
    Alan Rickman is an inspired choice for Xan, but may actually be an even better Edwin. Also if I was to make an epic, high budget, award worthy HBO adaptation of the Baldur's Gate Saga (...in an ideal fantasy world that will never come to fruition) I'm not sure if Xan would be a key cast member. Probably go with the classic Minsc, Dyni, Imoen, Jaheira and Khalid party. Xan would be in it, but not a main character.
    If not Alan Rickman, how about a Gary Oldman Edwin?
    Syntia13CandramelekhStarflower2525
    edited November 2013
    Ron Perlman as a comic-relief Kagain in Beregost

also... without a doubt Jason Isaacs (personal #1 favorite actor, and great at playing both villains and heroes) would be a PERFECT Jon Irenicus
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Alan Rickman is so perfect for Xan. Hilarious.
    booinyoureyes
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Alan Rickman is great, but he's probably too old for an ageless Elf nowadays. Ben Whishaw could be an interesting choice, he does really well in the latest Bond film (as Q) and a recent BBC Richard II adaptation.
    QuartzJairyannaCrevsDaak
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    Quartz said:

Alan Rickman is so perfect for Xan. Hilarious.

Alan rickman is the voice of the robot in "hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy" ?
    CorvinoCrevsDaak
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    Following this tangent we've gone off on, I say that if it were to be a movie, you'd have to cut all the fringe NPCs. Have the protagonist, Imoen, Jaheira, Minsc, Viconia & Edwin as your primaries, with Khalid, Dynaheir and Sarevok all serving as supporting cast members at different points in the saga. Characters like Xan would be brief, memorable comic relief appearances at best.
    booinyoureyes

Following this tangent we've gone off on, I say that if it were to be a movie, you'd have to cut all the fringe NPCs. Have the protagonist, Imoen, Jaheira, Minsc, Viconia & Edwin as your primaries, with Khalid, Dynaheir and Sarevok all serving as supporting cast members at different points in the saga. Characters like Xan would be brief, memorable comic relief appearances at best.

Stop raining on my parade. Each game (BGI, SoA and TOB) is a 10 part miniseries on HBO with a budget seven times that of the LotR trilogy and I get final say in all casting/decisions/everything I want. Ever.
    Syntia13recklessheartArcalianCrevsDaak
  • rarcherrarcher Member Posts: 8

Heh I approve!

sarevok57CrevsDaak
  • SpiffyMcBangSpiffyMcBang Member Posts: 160
    Make Edwin older and Alan Rickman is ridiculously on point.

Also, how much fun would Peter Dinklage be as Jan?
    LordRumfishbooinyoureyesBaldursCat
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    edited November 2013
    "Get over here..."

"Closer..."

"Why do I still not have infravision?
    CrevsDaak

Make Edwin older and Alan Rickman is ridiculously on point.

Also, how much fun would Peter Dinklage be as Jan?

you. win.
    or maybe TIAX
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Well, you see, everything started some years ago, maybe at midnight, but everything was related to this, well, I was alone in the street, in those moments, well, you know, those moments, you see, that are a little, hum, well, embarrasing, you know, and well, it happened, but you wonder why? Well, mainly because, you see, I'm not a very optimistic person, you know, so much that I thought many times they've forgot about me in christmas, well, you know, they never forgot, but, well, you see, mainly smuggling monkeys, well, it isn't my job, mainly the monkeys smuggle and I keep the things, but well, in those moments, you know, when you don't have enough money to, well, you see, those weren't the best days ever, you know, so, well, I decided to, well, come back.

That was my imitating Jan Jansen :P and @EntropyXII this tells I'm much more likely Jan than any other BG NPC.
    Montresor_SPEntropyXII
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2013
    Wow. It took me nearly three hours to read this thread (even skipping all the OT stuff), and it was so worth it. <3

P.S. Can someone make an image for me? I need the bad-luck guy with a caption: "Spent 3 hours reading the meme thread. Realized BG2:EE had gone live hours ago." :(
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    ArcalianStarflower2525Syntia13
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November 2013
    diggerb said:

also... without a doubt Jason Isaacs (personal #1 favorite actor, and great at playing both villains and heroes) would be a PERFECT Jon Irenicus

Why not David Warner? Personally I don't think anybody other than David Warner could do it. The voice really makes that character.
    That and his childish revenge obsession and unwillingness to move on from a lost love. Seriously feel like the main antagonist is a five year old.
    CrevsDaak
  • ForgottenMythForgottenMyth Member Posts: 60
    you want some more David Warner torture routine watch him torture Captain Picard from Star Trek.
    Adulbooinyoureyes
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    LOL I've been doing nothing but rerolling, rerolling, rerolling too :(
  • XerxesVXerxesV Member Posts: 187

you want some more David Warner torture routine watch him torture Captain Picard from Star Trek.

I'll always remember him as Bob Cratchet in a Christmas Carol.
This discussion has been closed.