Skip to content

Noblewoman in Nashkel's Mansion - upper floor

SalkSalk Member Posts: 62
edited November 2012 in Fixed
CURRENT BEHAVIOR: In the big mansion in Nashkel, the player can end up being attacked by a guy (Jamie) after talking to Samantha. This makes the noblewoman on that floor unfairly hostile.

DESIRED CHANGE: Remove the noblewoman altogether from that area. She is just a duplication of another noblewoman on the lower floor. Else add EscapeArea to her script just like it's been done for Samantha.
Post edited by Tanthalas on

Comments

• BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    I can assure you this sort of thing is far less an issue now given new scripting for innocents. There's a far more real "EscapeArea" that happens in BG2 area transitions... ;-)
  • SalkSalk Member Posts: 62
    Very good then!

Thanks.
  • GafanGafan Member Posts: 16
    I didn't think that was unfair. You invaded her home so she and her bodyguard attacked you. If you don't want to take big reputation hits then perhaps you shouldn't be busting into people's bedrooms.
    @Gafan
    No, no, the issue @Salk was mentioning was that an extra innocent in the area (not the one with the dialog that produces the naked miner/beggar from the closet, but a another one that wanders) which can't do combat- a supposed noblewoman at that- is scripted to turn hostile as if able to attack you. The more realistic behavior would be for her to simply run away when things turn violent with the naked guy...
  • GrayvieGrayvie Member Posts: 49
    Is that a beggar-lover guy that comes out of a closet? I'm pretty sure this encounter is pointless in BG1 (unless it's part of a quest I know nothing about)... Would've been great to see beamdog tie up loose ends like this one and turn it into a decent quest.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @Grayvie

Not every encounter has to have a quest tied to it. There are similar encounters to this one in the wilderness.
  • GrayvieGrayvie Member Posts: 49
    @Tanthalas

Well... I don't really mind simple encounters (for example Elminster and such) but this one seemed stranged... it just really felt like you where missing something... like for example girl's father talking about her lover and how they want to elope or something like this... getting there and angering that beggar out of the blue just felt really random and confusing...
    The only thing I'd like changed would be to use a different CRE animation than the old, bearded, hand-outstretched-for-begging beggar to be her secret lover, but since the only "naked guy" animation they've got is the beggar, that must be why they went with it. And it is kinda funny... hehehe
  • GafanGafan Member Posts: 16
    I wonder what his hand was reaching for ;-)
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    @Tanthalas The OP has been fixed with the new innocent change. Move to fixed.