Skip to content

Fighter =>Dual => Kit, for example Fighter/Assassin possible?

RazaDelromRazaDelrom Member Posts: 149
I remember that it was possible to gain a few levels on a fighter, then switch to the finer arts of subtile negotiations - for example to include dual wielding in the thiefing arts. But whenever I tried something like that, it became a fighter/thief without a kit. Is it only possible by importing into BG2? Or how can my char become a fighter 4/Dual kit?

Comments

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    It is possible by using EEKeeper.

Easiest is to do this before dualing, that seems to work great for me. Save your game before dualing, i.e. when you're still a fighter. Open the save in EEKeeper and add the assassin kit on your fighter (this won't work, obviously, and does nothing). Then dual-class; it'll still say you're dualing into a normal thief in the menu, but lo! you're really an assassin when it's finished dualing. You should get the level 1 perks of assassin automatically this way. If it didn't work, you can add them manually.
  • RazaDelromRazaDelrom Member Posts: 149
    It does work somehow, but I'm pretty sure that there was an option to import into BG2 while getting the kit as second dual class without an editor.

Thanks for the fast response.
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    When importing characters from vanilla BG1 to vanilla BG2 you had to choose whether you wanted to change your class to a kit or not when starting the new game in BG2. This only happened because BG1 had no access to kits at all.

I've never tried this myself, but I guess if you dual classed you character during vanilla BG1 you would be able to kit out the new class when starting a new game with the same character in vanilla BG2.

With the Enhanced Editions you will have to use EEKeeper, since both BG:EE and BG2:EE have access to kits, leaving no actual reason to allow you to change your kit on import to BG2:EE.
  • RazaDelromRazaDelrom Member Posts: 149
    edited November 2013
    The tool is really helpful to try some things aut. Maybe I have done it the wrong way, because my Fighter/Assassin dual experiment did work like I planned it beside the +1 DMG and +1 TH0, which the kit got on lvl 1, but which wasn't in the record tab.
    Then I did start a pure Asssassin and there you can see the bonus (even though it doesn't have a unique name, it is visible). I don't see an option to change the dmg or TH0 in EE Keeper.
    If all fails I would have to advance my fighter to lvl 4, note the progress, then restart an Assassin and edit it, so it fits the numbers. That does feel like cheating, so I don't really want to do it that way.