Skip to content

Jace Hall and Felicia Day - What's the deal?

2»

Comments

• ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781

@Magnus_Grelich: Isn't she just popular because she's a so-called 'gamer girl'? I know lots of such examples. Girls who make (in my opinion horrible) Let's Play video's, but who still are popular just because of their gender and them having a pretty face and an adequate bust. And this is what feminism has been fighting for for 50 years... The only difference is that girls consciously sexualize and objectify themselves nowadays. *sigh*

And I hate to see it because then they expect people like you to be like them. And yes so many lets players are literally getting by by just adding a face cam but in all reality it is just a cleavage cam and they know it. I actually found it sad when ChilledChaos did videos with his GF, a really nice couple that I am glad are still friends and hope they get back together, but the people in the comments were just perverted and making sexual comments when I could tell his GF wasn't like any of those others and dressed modest and the video had not a single sexual remark to instigate what was happening in the comments. When in a later video he admitted to still being a virgin I smiled just because I realized there was a lot of love in that relationship, not just sex. I don't see why her not being done college yet would have to break them apart, but they still hang out and I think things will change in the future :)
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    My goodness, I wasn't trying to ask anything controversial here - I was trying to ask if anybody else who was a fan of both artists knew whether the digs between them were for real, or just part of the act. (Turns out it's just part of the act, and so, apparently, is Jace's cursing and bad-arsery.)

That's all this thread was for.
  • Magnus_GrelichMagnus_Grelich Member Posts: 361
    I forgot about that one. I must've been half-asleep at the time. Okay, I'm man enough to admit that was uncalled for. My apologies.
  • Magnus_GrelichMagnus_Grelich Member Posts: 361
    Still, I stand by the claim that she's really not all that.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190

@Magnus_Grelich: Isn't she just popular because she's a so-called 'gamer girl'? I know lots of such examples. Girls who make (in my opinion horrible) Let's Play video's, but who still are popular just because of their gender and them having a pretty face and an adequate bust. And this is what feminism has been fighting for for 50 years... The only difference is that girls consciously sexualize and objectify themselves nowadays. *sigh*

There's nothing "so-called" about it. She plays a lot of tabletop and video games. It's funny, nobody would even think to call her a "so-called gamer" if she were a man.
    AyiekieChildofBhaal599LordRumfish