Skip to content

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition is coming to Mac & PC on November 15th

Comments

• ZifarilZifaril Member Posts: 4
    Ah, got it to work now. Thanks!
    Paulg
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    @LazyVulpes Click on the download bar (where it says "Preload Complete") to start the rest of the download.
    LazyVulpesNecdilzorPaulg
  • LazyVulpesLazyVulpes Member Posts: 18
    @Basillicum Doh! Thanks a lot. That thing did not look like it was clickable at all.
    BasillicumPaulg
  • PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    there should be more threads for BGII stuff. like... i want to know where to find Neera.. the second time.. so i dont waste time with other characters
    HA! nevermind... i guess patience is a virtue.
  • cremnocremno Member Posts: 25
    About the problem about the warden not opening the doors.
    There is no real steps.

1- Freed by Imoen, went and got Jahira's cage's key.
    2- Freed all prisoners, Jahira first, then Minsk.
    3- Looted Key room. (I did not talk to the golem)
    4- Went and killed the "immortal Memphis" or whatever it's called, where you deactivate the machine.
    5- Did the Djinn's "trial". "I would pull the button."
    6- Went in to the bottle room, killed the Memphis'. (Looted staff, did not activate trap but dismantled it with Imoen)
    7- Talked t Riklev. Riekliev? Whatever, got the stone.
    8- Talked to all the bottled creatures.
    9- Gave stone to Warden golem.
    10- Killed the two golems in the room close by.

At this point it had already messed up, so It's somewhere around there.

I'm running windows 7. I don't think my setup is important, though, correct me if I'm wrong.
  • DrakonisDrakonis Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 111
    edited November 2013
    So I started the game up, just to check it out for a bit (I'm not quite done with my new playthrough of BG:EE I want to continue SoA with) and I immediately noticed... theres no language option. Or any of the language files except for the English ones. Is this a mistake or aren't any of the other languages implemented yet? I'm a bit confused about that since the launcher itself features some German text.
    It's kind of a big thing for some people and should have been announced if you knew about it beforehand.

By the way, for those whose download bar seems to be filled but the download goes on with like 10-100 bites per second: click on the bar to pause the download and resume it again. That made the "Play" button appear for me.
    Paulg
    yep, only in English at first
  • RyakRyak Member Posts: 7

We're releasing the stand-alone installer soon. If you don't want to use the Beamdog client, just hang on for a bit.

Where is this stand alone installer ?
  • MermidionMermidion Member Posts: 69
    Suddenly the shop site on steam says its pushed back to Nov 16 and the countdown agrees.saying its 9 hours from now (which would mean i could start downloading around earliest 1am in the morning on Nov16.)
    And still no f-ing Pre-load. So in all it just tells me that even with days to prepare beforehand Atari(or whoever manages the steam downloads now) cant get there stuff straight.
    Wish beamdog/overhaul would accept Paysafe cards for the future.cause should there be a BG3 someday i sure don't want to buy it from steam then.
    Paulg
  • puksonepuksone Member Posts: 4
    so why it's so difficult to release the game via steam? whose fault is this? this is my first beamdog product and you guys screw it up instantly.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The Steam version's release date is later today, as it always has been. We managed to release it a little early on Beamdog, that's all.
    it's not today it's tomorrow for me. and the date is set to 16th some hours ago not from the beginning. this is my first and last product from beamdog.
    The date says the 16th because of your time zone. The release date/time was set based on Edmonton's time, which is MST (GMT -7).
    I am not stupid I know that. The problem is that steam said it will be available at 9 o'clock (cet) and now it's 1 am (16th nov.). All people who didn't bought it via steam can play it since some hours.
  • Sammi79Sammi79 Member Posts: 6
    Dee said:

The date says the 16th because of your time zone. The release date/time was set based on Edmonton's time, which is MST (GMT -7).

Yes but I think what is annoying people is that until about 2pm GMT +0 steam had the release date as the 15th and it only updated to the 16th this afternoon, after a month of expecting it on the 15th as stated by both Beamdog and by Steam. (until this afternoon)

Nevermind, one more day...

and we were able to play the beamdog (non-steam) version since yesterday (the 14th in some areas, like mine) at 7pm. ive been playin for about 16 hours now ;)
    Sammi79
    Rub it in why don't you? :D
    Preloaded? I think its safe to say I didn't. It's OK I still have the originals ;)
    @ Sylvus_Moonbow
    As already stated before.Steam still DOESN't have a Pre-load yet.

@ Dee As much as appreciated your helping answers and support in the past and i really did . i am sorry but the statement you gave is just not acceptibel. For weeks it said Nov15 at 9 PM (which was also due to timezones some other said) for the release on steam.just suddenly a few hours ago it changed to Nov 16 1AM .

Normally a four hour set back would not bother me much even without the preload. But i got called to work tommorrow and instead of enjoying at least a little bit of the game tonight like a planed i got to (hopefully) download it tomorrow night.
    Oh well .i guess i will just kill some more Flaming Fist knights to vent off some frustration. ;)
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    Is a game releasing a few hours after it was originally scheduled to be released really such a big deal that it warrants complaining and coming off as very demanding over it? If you have nothing else in your life to be more worried about than a game not being released immediately on time, I must say I envy you :)
    Paulg
    @ Varwulf
    I will just ignore that you totally took what i said out of context and just reply simple:
    - i demanded nothing like you can see in my posts and i just complained about the way it was handled: changing the release date a few hours before the release.

And for others it may just be a few hours in my timezone(if they have fun downloading stuff at 1AM in the morning,i rather sleep then) but i got a sudden work day ahead of me instead and with no Pre-load it means i got to download it Saturday night .so i just have sunday to fully enjoy instead of a nice weekend like people who can acutallydownload it today. so you may understand why this a little bit upsets me.
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    @Mermidion
    Your tone and word choices don't do you much justice then, because you are coming off as very demanding.

Just saying, if you want help don't bark at/blame everyone for your problem.
    Paulg
    Varwulf said:

@Mermidion
    Your tone and word choices don't do you much justice then, because you are coming off as very demanding.

Just saying, if you want help don't bark at/blame everyone for your problem.

yes bash the consumer who wants to enjoy his product not the company which *** it up.....

@ Varwulf
    ??? i am kind of confused since i still demanded nothing. I also stated that it was not handled very well and did not "blame everyone" .
    Also i think my post was rather mannered comparing it to some other posts i see on the forums usually.

All i did was try to show how even the simplest of thinks can indeed destroy a good mood when plans a ruined. But since you don't understand what i try to say i apolgiez for not stating it better. Maybe its cause English isn't my native language and i don't have the right Words.

@Puksone
    While i Appreciate the support. please lets not make a bigger argument out of it than it needs to be.
    TJ_Hooker
    C'mon folks, there is no-one to blame except possibly Steam, they probably pushed it to a more convenient time for them - as the Devs seem unaware of any change their end.

No pointing flaming each other in forums, there will probably be a few more before the release who came here to find out why like myself. Yeah it's annoying, but spreading that mood around doesn't help anyone.

One more day is not the end of the world.
    Troodon80
    I can totally understand being frustrated by the few hours' difference. There isn't much to be done about it at this point, though; Steam is not our primary focus, so issues there have to take a back seat sometimes. All I can say is that the game will be ready to install soon; I don't know if you'll be awake when it goes live, but what you could do is start the installation process just before you go to bed; that way it will be done when you wake up in the morning, and you won't have to wait.
    Troodon80
    edited November 2013
    @Dee
    Thanks for your understanding
    Well i guess it doesn't kill me to stay awake some hours longer then usually to start installing and have the Pc on overnight. Even if i am sleepy at work ,jumping right into the game after work tomorrow evening, will be so worth it.
    That's pretty much what I do in general anyway; most games are so big these days that waiting for them to install would be a gross waste of time when I could spend that time...I don't know...watching all three Star Wars movies, maybe. ;)
    PaulgMermidionmetalmunki
This discussion has been closed.