Skip to content

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition is coming to Mac & PC on November 15th

Comments

• TPSullivan1TPSullivan1 Member Posts: 30
    I am so happy that I pre-ordered through Beamdog! I was able to download and start playing last night, and the download went quite smoothly for me. I only just got started exploring the dungeon before I had to go to bed but am planning to spend a lot of time in this new universe (new to me, that is) this weekend. Thanks to everyone who worked on the game!
    Paulg
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Paulg
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Might not be seen at this point, but just wanted to say THANK YOU to Beamdog! I always hoped my favorite series would get refreshed, but I never actually expected it would happen.

PLUS this launch was a lot smoother than BG:EE, so just wanted to give you guys kudos for that.
    PaulgRadnon
  • PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    edited November 2013
    wait.... wheres the access to watchers keep in SoA?! where is it?! did you make it so we can access it later? or do we have to wait till ToB? ... *hyperventilating*

PS. its cool if i have to wait... ive just come to rely on the access to the shop-person at the top for early access to certain ToB items, and i can usually clear the first level at low levels... just... just lemme know whats going on here.
  • tiguidoutiguidou Member Posts: 53
    Paulg said:

HA! nevermind... i guess patience is a virtue.

Indeed ! Patience, patience, Patience. That's it, That's all Folks.
    Paulg
  • adormituladormitul Member Posts: 63
    patience is a virtue that I do not have. Now bad thing is that I wanted to buy from beamdog but I can not even install the installer because it is not recognized as verified publisher and I was forced to use steam really what kind of service do they offer.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    I knew Hexxat was going to be Neutral Evil.
    Wandering_Minstreljackjack
  • war_m0nger69war_m0nger69 Member Posts: 3
    Confused. I preloaded through Beamdog and am still at preload stage (says Pre-load complete). How are other folks already playing?
    Paulg said:

woah, like a reject beholder... i would not want to be that thing. and a lawful good creature?! wtf? why?

You should check out this discussion. http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/397471#Comment_397471
  • war_m0nger69war_m0nger69 Member Posts: 3
    Ach... nevermind.
    Paulg
  • chrstnmonkschrstnmonks Member Posts: 176
    just bought my copy it is downloading can"t wait for it to be done so excited thank you beamdog!!!!
  • chrstnmonkschrstnmonks Member Posts: 176
    how long does this take to install
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @chrstnmonks: The installation is something like 2.6 Gig of files. It's not the "install" time it's the download time. There really is no "install" to this game...the files are downloaded to the right places and that's pretty much it.

Download, even over a fast connection, is going to take a few hours at least...I left mine go overnight Thursday to Friday and had it installed by this morning. As with almost everyone my download paused at about 98.5% or so, and pausing/unpausing the download kicked it in the head (till it was dead!) enough to get it to complete in a few seconds.

For those who can't figure out where to go to play the game, keep in mind you can right click on the game in the beamdog launcher and tell it to create a desktop icon for the game which will allow you direct access.

If you are on the Pre-Load step still there is a button on the Pre-Load (the Preload Complete area at the bottom of the pre-load screen) which will move you forward to download the last of the files and actually allow you to play the game itself.

As to steam, I can't really comment on how much is controlled by BeamDog and how much is controlled by steam when it comes to how quickly your downloads are available. However, if a release date has changed I would recommend asking Steam what happened...they would seem to be the party of record as to why released software isn't downloadable on the date it was made available.
  • AkachiAkachi Member Posts: 38
    Few hours for a mere 2,9 GB? That's like half an hour, tops.

Anyway, Steam version should be live everywhere now :)
  • AeschylusAeschylus Member Posts: 57
    STEAMS LIVE OMG... downloading at 1meg a sec... COMON!!!
  • DGADGA Member Posts: 2
    Is there a date for the Mac App Store release?
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    Gonna order this for me and BG:EE for my dad... through Beamdog's website, of course - I had a bad experience with Steam!BG:EE and my dad doesn't have steam at all anyway.
  • DGADGA Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    DGA said:

Just to clarify: by date I mean timeframe. If it's going to be another week, I'd prefer to buy it through the App Store. If it's another month or longer, I'd like to know so I can just buy it now.
  • mirceapuimirceapui Member Posts: 26
    1.Will BGEE get more support now that BG2EE is released?
    2.Beamdog, i have a curiosity, what's next now, after BG2EE? Any plans for PST or IWD? :)

I knew Hexxat was going to be Neutral Evil.

But holy crap! What a surprise after that!
    BasillicumPaulg
  • SkagnetiSkagneti Member Posts: 31
    Thanks Beamdog the wait was worth it!!!
    Paulg
  • CodebakerCodebaker Member Posts: 23
    DGA said:

DGA said:

Just to clarify: by date I mean timeframe. If it's going to be another week, I'd prefer to buy it through the App Store. If it's another month or longer, I'd like to know so I can just buy it now.
    The issues with the availability of the first title proved me, that it is best for me to stick with MAS, even if this means not to play a title upon release or never.
  • VenoMpieVenoMpie Member Posts: 10
    BG2:EE IS FINALLY OUT HAHA! Good work, damnit
    I know this discussion has been going on forever, but ...
    I would like to purchase BG2:EE through Beamdog's website (to support these AMAZING GUYS!!!!!!!!!!! ofcourse), will I get a Steam key for it as well? Are the terms any different with BG2:EE than with BG1:EE? If I don't get a Steam key, do you guys still get most of the money if I were to purchase it via Steam?
    I'm asking as I would really like to give my full support to Beamdog/Overhaul and not the money hungry publishers but I like the way Steam handles updates/etc. Wouldn't be a problem via the Beamdog client (I mean I was fine BG1:EE being via Beamdog) but it would be nice via Steam.
  • revanbhrevanbh Member Posts: 38
    edited November 2013
    First of all, congratulations on releasing the game. It was a thorny road, one that seemed destined to stop the game from seeing the light of day at one moment. But luckily, it didn't stop you. Now on to a practical question.

As you know, I have the first game on Steam, and what I want to know is if there will be any problems continuing my adventures with the character from the first game if I buy the second one directly from Beamdog?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    VenoMpie said:

BG2:EE IS FINALLY OUT HAHA! Good work, damnit
    I know this discussion has been going on forever, but ...
    I would like to purchase BG2:EE through Beamdog's website (to support these AMAZING GUYS!!!!!!!!!!! ofcourse), will I get a Steam key for it as well? Are the terms any different with BG2:EE than with BG1:EE? If I don't get a Steam key, do you guys still get most of the money if I were to purchase it via Steam?
    I'm asking as I would really like to give my full support to Beamdog/Overhaul and not the money hungry publishers but I like the way Steam handles updates/etc. Wouldn't be a problem via the Beamdog client (I mean I was fine BG1:EE being via Beamdog) but it would be nice via Steam.

Unfortunately, we're still unable to bundle Steam keys with Beamdog purchases.

As for income, no, Beamdog gets less from a Steam sale than Steam itself (which takes a 30% cut).
    revanbh said:

As you know, I have the first game on Steam, and what I want to know is if there will be any problems continuing my adventures with the character from the first game if I buy the second one directly from Beamdog?

Your characters and saves will be compatible; you'll have to manually copy them over though. Check here for import instructions.
    revanbh
    Thanks. All I wanted to know. Damn, 30% is a large cut that they take. I'll buy it via Beamdog instead :P
    First have to check credit card balance though, $25 is a lot of money given our crappy exchange rate XD
    mch202
  • kmbogdkmbogd Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2013
    Maybe you should do something about Beamdog billing system since in Europe it has issues with some cards. My Visa Electron was not usable so I had to buy instead from Steam . I believe it's worth upgrading your billing system seeing that so many people want to support you directly.
    revanbhCrevsDaak
  • cremnocremno Member Posts: 25
    edited November 2013
    Another bug I'm experiencing; (I went and redid the start a few times, and the golem suddenly decided to not get stuck at the crystal room lol) When I have Mazzy, and her personal quest starts, I'm unable to progress it. Wallace has nothing to say to me except for;

Pre Djinn Quest; I have no wares.
    Post Djinn Quest: Want to look at my wares.

There's no option to talk about her sister.

Edit: For others who experienced this, I managed to fix it by talking to Mazzy.
    Pick the talk icon in the menu and talk to her while in your party. This triggered the conversation.
    revanbhrdarkenCrevsDaak
  • revanbhrevanbh Member Posts: 38
    kmbogd said:

Maybe you should do something about Beamdog billing system since in Europe it has issues with some cards. My Visa Electron was not usable so I had to buy instead from Steam . I believe it's worth upgrading your billing system seeing that so many people want to support you directly.

Well that is disappointing to hear. I buy my games with Visa Electron from a well known European bank. Never had any problems on any of the sites selling games. Guess I'll see if it works on Beamdog when my next paycheck lands.
    Thanks a lot for BG2 guys. Purchased it just now, downloading fairly fast (well I'm going to sleep now, should be finished in the morning) so a whole Sunday to pickpocket the hell out of Athkatla and send that treacherous Yoshimo to hell. And ofcourse, struggle for days on end defeating liches and Kangaxx :P
This discussion has been closed.