Skip to content

Firkaag unkillable first encounter?

I can damage him some compared to the other guy lol but haven't got him low in about 5 tries wondering if I should just let him leave?

Comments

• MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Well he is definitely one of the more harder enemies in SoA. So I'd try coming back later.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    He's immune to fire and has 65% magic resistance. He's absolutely beatable but for time time being I'd leave him alone. Go back to the quest later.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    edited November 2013
    his AC is also quite low
    around -12 or so
    and his thac0 is also quite ridiculous
    dealing 30-40 damage on core difficulty, so he can be quite difficult, plus he likes to cast stoneskin, which he casts as a level 21 or so mage I believe so he has 10 skins, and each one will absorb an attack causing no damage to him, you find minor spell sequencer in that dungeon try chaining up two magic missiles with it and using that on him,
  • tenkakahntenkakahn Member Posts: 110
    Yah been trying for about an hour now I can't get him to not haste himself once he does that its impossible to kite him around firing magic at him my group is self made level 9-11 I guess I should come back later thanks for the input!
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    he is killable, but he can be tough.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Welcome to the jungle!
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I learned very early on that Pierce Magic was going to be my favorite spell; by the time I got to Firkraag, I was so used to using it at the start of a fight that I never really understood what the fuss was all about.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    did Firkraag get a buff since vanilla? I suspect that blindness still work on him.