Skip to content

My Bug List for BG2:EE (so i don't need to make a new thread for every bug i find)

kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
edited November 2013 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Original post: #grayed #icons #screen #bug #hitpoints #reroll #items #export #DebugMode

-Selective icons being grayed out even when usable (which mean they should display gold colors)
-Screen locked to be moved to the left using the mouse to push (still the keyboard arrows managed to push the screen to the left)
-Reroll of hitpoints for imported characters.
-Game doesn't recognize the special items exported with the character (plate mail+3 that should have replaced mail of the dead, bala's axe that should replace the sword of chaos...)
-"Debug Mode=1" or " 'program options', 'debug mode' '1' " isn't working for me (but others reported it to be functional already).
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Edit 1 - November 16: #scroll #item #bug #autoloot #bug

- My game crashed while i drag spell scrolls out of the spell case in Edwin inventory. The last 2 spell scrolls i took of where desintegrate and mass invisible. Just informing.

- The auto loot is bugged, if more than one time the same amount of gold is avaliable on the ground (like with Mae'var and the thiefs that always have 100 gold on them) if you click in one of the 100gp the character maybe will pick it or not and the others 100gps on the ground will become unavaliable through the auto loot (but you can pick them normally of course).

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Edit 2 - November 16: #Journal #Dorn #hexxat #glitch

- The new NPCs (Dorn and Hexxat at least) quests doesn't appear on the journal.
Edit 3 - November 16: #Dragomir's #tomb #cutscene #invisible #glitch #alone #bug #NPC

- In Dragomir's tomb, after enter and go left, there's a cutscene there with hexxat where she says "you must enter the tomb" (the place near a shadow fiend and with an trap in the ground blocking the passage).
When i send Hexxat alone through the place invisible (alternating between invisible and detect traps) the cutscene started, she walked to the open sarcophagus and stand idle forever there.

Probally being invisible blocked some of the scripts of this event.

- In the same tomb above, solved the bug, Hexxat tell the main char to go alone in the tomb, reasoning that he/she need to face something alone on the other side.

If you click the tomb with more than one party member selected nothing happens besides a message.
If you click the tomb with main char you have the option to jump on it.
If you click the tomb with hexxat the only option is to leeave alone the tomb (for her).

However any other NPC besides false hexxat in the party can jump on the tomb, making possible to go with 5 party members to the other side. Seeing the challenge that expect me at the other side, i'm pretty sure the game never intended to let more than char name go throught the tomb, 5 characters make totally cheese the battle.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________Edit 4 - November 16: #right #click #disabled #reload #hexxat #bodhi #interjections #interactions #banters #mace_of_disruption #hexxat

- Sometimes, after alt+tab, the game doesn't recognize right clicks with the mouse (to bend the position of arrival) and i have to save and reload to solve the issue.

- In Bodhi's enclave (i choose bodhi's side in my actual game) no one there aknowledge Hexxat, and that feels totally wrong.

Obs: @LiamEsler told me in another thread that the devs are aware of this and maybe they add some content for Bodhi's enclave and Hexxat.

- When i retrieved the mace of disruption, i used Hexxat to take it from the pool and the blood made her sick?! Besides, shoudn't she be unable to hold the mace or any other holy item (as carsomyr, daylight...).
Edit 5 - November 16: #bridge #district #bug #screel #pixels

- Screen bug in the Bridge District. (link to the post below directly with the posted screenshot)
Edit 6 - November 16: #dream #bug #sleep #fake #unconscious

- Bug in the second dream. After the scene where i can cast a meteor swarm or irenicus torture imoem, when i awake, 8 hours have passed but i didn't really sleep (still got the same amount of damage on me and didn't renew spells) and besides that, every party member continued uncounscious in the ground and took a while for them to wake up.
Edit 7 - November 24: #De'arnise #Gaius #quest #missing #strings #nalia #reward #gp #bug #higgold #two #bug

- De'Arnise Keep captain guard Gaius.

If i'm now wrong he should be able to be saved, in the old game the script wasn't done well so he always got hostile after the banter.

To save him in the old game we needed to charm him, cos he was already charmed, somehow one charm cancel the other for a brief instant (making him a blue circle) and after that he turned to green circle (our charm supressed the previous) after our charm ended he turned back to red circle.

If in the brief moment after the charm that he goes blue, the NPC speak with him, he triggered the banters to thank for freeing him from his mind status, give the flail part he had and leave.

Atm he is already hostile when i enter the room, and still give no chance for peaceful solution (what i didn't cared much as i'm into an evil playthrough atm).

- Nalia continue to give only 650gp as reward if she isn't taken into the party to make the quest. If you take her you get 10.000gp and something at the end, if you don't take her you get only 650gp.

- Bard's Stronghold: after the end of Haer'Dalis quest, in the next time i have to go back on the theater (to choose between the 2 actress and make the money investment) there is 2 Higgold there, one probally spawned after the end of Haer'Dalis quest to ask me if i wished to make a partnership with him or no, and the other the .cre that probally should be Higgold for the rest of this stronghold.

This is from old BG2 as well too, i think.
Edit 8 - November 24: #shou #lung #crypt #crash #hostile

- Fatal error in Shou Lung crypt with the first wave of umber hulks, for no reason the spirits that allied with me turned hostile (no, no area effect spell was used near them), when i reloaded the game it crashed, screenshot attached, quicksave also. (link directly to the post in reference below)
Edit 9 - November 29: #Desharik #banter #missing #string

- Desharik's missing string banter.

The 3° option that make reference to a Bear. I believe that's intended to make reference to some companion that isn't present.

Just to state, my BG2 is mod free. Total Vanilla since i installed BG2 EE.
Edit 10 - November 30: #Hexxat #Dace #banter #interjection #dialogue

- Dace in Spellhold is a vampire that never liked be a vampire, someone forced into vampirism... just like Hexxat. So, no banters between them?!! Serious?
Post edited by kamuizin on

Comments

• WateversWatevers Member Posts: 25
    edited November 2013
    You are probably typing something wrong in the debug line text file. Make sure to double-check spelling, caps, spacing, etc. I guarantee you it still works. :)
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Watevers said:

You are probably typing something wrong in the debug line text file. Make sure to double-check spelling, caps, spacing, etc. I guarantee you it still works. :)

the tips i'm using are the both above, i tested both. Maybe i'm placing it in the wrong place. The baldurs.ini is a mess in the note pad, so lemme seize the opportunity and ask @Watevers, where did you placed your Debug mode command in the baldurs.ini?
  • WateversWatevers Member Posts: 25
    edited November 2013
    I usually paste mine at the end of the file. Put a comma right after the last number and before the end ")". Then paste the debug mode line. Remove any commas at the end. I load up my game and ctrl + space, and the line comes up.

It might be you need to place it within the Game Options section in this game instead of under Program Options. I don't remember if they changed it that way or not. Hope that helps!
  • toonutoonu Member Posts: 15
    Can you just copy and paste your exact working debug line in here for us idiots to copy and paste into their .ini file please?
    Lol, nice suggestion my brother of low IQ :)!
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Here's my workine line:
    'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',

I have right under the line: INSERT INTO options ROWS (
    - My game crashed while i drag spell scrolls out of the spell case in Edwin inventory. The last 2 spell scrolls i took of where desintegrate and mass invisible. Just informing.

- The auto loot is bugged, if more than one time the same amount of gold is avaliable on the ground (like with Mae'var and the thiefs that always have 100 gold on them) if you click in one of the 100gp the character maybe will pick it or not and the others 100gps on the ground will become unavaliable through the auto loot (but you can pick them normally of course).
    edited November 2013
    - The new NPCs (Dorn and Hexxat at least) quests doesn't appear on the journal.

Edit: No new NPC quest appears in the journal.
    Post edited by kamuizin on
    edited November 2013
    - In Dragomir's tomb, after enter and go left, there's a cutscene there with hexxat where she says "you must enter the tomb" (near a shadow fiend the place and with an trap in the ground blocking the passage.
    When i send Hexxat alone through the place invisible (alternating between invisible and detect traps) the cutscene started, she walked to the open sarcophagus and stand idle forever there.

Probally being invisible blocked some of the scripts of this event.

- In the same tomb above, solved the bug, Hexxat tell the main char to go alone in the tomb, reasoning that he/she need to face something alone on the other side.

If you click the tomb with more than one party member selected nothing happens besides a message. If you click the tomb with main char you have the option to jump on it. If you click the tomb with hexxat the only option is to leeave alone the tomb (for her).

However anyother NPC in the party can jump on the tomb, making possible to go with 5 party members to the other side. Seeing the challenge that expect me at the other side, i'm pretty sure the game never intended to let more than char name go throught the tomb, 5 characters make totally cheese the battle.
    Obs: Nice reference to death note with Hexxat XD!

"Wait, you're telling me you work for L? THE L?"
    - Sometimes, after alt+tab, the game doesn't recognize right clicks with the mouse (to bend the position of arrival) and i have to save and reload to solve the issue.

- In Bodhi's enclave (i choose bodhi's side in my actual game) no one there aknowledge Hexxat, and that feels totally wrong.

- When i retrieved the mace of disruption, i used Hexxat to take it from the pool and the blood made her sick?! Besides, shoudn't she be unable to hold the mace or any other holy item (as carsomyr, daylight...).
    - Screen bug in the Bridge District.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

@Dee, i don't know if all those above are truly a bug or my own issues, but i already an amount of info suffice to justify calling you.
    - Bug in the second dream. After the scene where i can cast a meteor swarm or irenicus torture imoem, when i awake, 8 hours have passed but i didn't really sleep (still got the same amount of damage on me and didn't renew spells) and besides that, every party member continued uncounscious in the ground and took a while for them to wake up.
    edited November 2013
    3 more bugs @Dee, some of them come from old times:

- De'Arnise Keep captain guard Gaius.

If i'm now wrong he should be able to be saved, in the old game the script wasn't done well so he always got hostile after the banter.

To save him in the old game we needed to charm him, cos he was already charmed somehow one charm cancel the other for a brief instant (making him a blue circle) and after that he turned to green circle (our charm supressed the previous) after our charm ended he turned back to red circle.

If in the brief moment after the charm that he goes blue, the NPC speak with him, he triggered the banters to thank for freeing him from his mind status, give the flail part he had and leave.

Atm he is already hostile when i enter the room, and still give no chance for peaceful solution (what i didn't cared much as i'm into an evil playthrough atm).

- Nalia continue to give only 650gp as reward if she isn't taken into the party to make the quest. If you take her you get 10.000gp and something at the end, if you don't take her you get only 650gp.

- Bard's Stronghold: after the end of Haer'Dalis quest, in the next time i have to go back on the theater (to choose between the 2 actress and make the money investment) there is 2 Higgold there, one probally spawned after the end of Haer'Dalis quest to ask me if i wished to make a partnership with him or no, and the other the .cre that probally should be Higgold for the rest of this stronghold.

This is from old BG2 as well too, i think.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    kamuizin said:

@kamuizin, if you charm (charm, dominate, etc.) him it should be fine.
    Good to know @Troodon80, but shouldn't have an banter option to take him out of the charm? Specially with Nalia in the party and near him? This is an old bug in reason of the lack of implement of that specific string that would take Gaius out of the fight, they never created a banter to that string that is only accessible with this sequence of acts.

By the way another bug @Dee, this one on Shou long crypt. Got a fatal error with the first wave of umber hulks, for no reason the spirits that allied with me turned hostile (no, no area effect spell was used near them), when i reloaded the game it crashed, screenshot attached, quicksave also.
    Another bug here, @Dee, an string with no sequence in this print

The 3° option that make reference to a Bear. I believe that's intended to make reference to some companion that isn't present.

Just to state, my BG2 is mod free. Total Vanilla since i installed BG2 EE.
  • TsyrithTsyrith Member Posts: 180
    Yeah, I didn't have any bears either and I noticed that. Whenever it's selected without any bears present, conversation stops entirely. Also, that screenshot is hinky.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    edited November 2013
    @kamuizin: Consolidated Lists are good, however we're tracking bug reports and threads with certain titles in them. When we start digging in to any of the bug reports you're making here, we're probably going to need a new thread created to get information specific to a given bug.

Just make sure to verify whatever you have and will post here against the "consolidated bugs" post at the top of this thread to ensure you're not double and triple posting what we've already covered.
    Ok ok, gonna do that then.
    Another thing, not a bug but something clearly noticed.

- Dace in Spellhold is a vampire that never liked be a vampire, someone forced into vampirism... just like Hexxat. So, no banters between them?!! Serious?